i just picked up an incredibly awesome Zoom foot pedal for my guitar the other day, and one of the main selling points for me was that you could record your own music to your pc using it. it took me forever to figure out how to get the program to work, but i finally have recorded my first ever song. i've been playing guitar for about ten months, and i wanted to get some feedback on my playing from some people too. keep in mind that i did not rehearse this "song" (it's really just a big solo) at all. i just came up with this off the top of my head so don't be TOO critical of it. also, there were a few notes here and there that i didn't mean to hit so, like i said, don't be TOO critical of it.

*copy and paste this if link doesn't work*

http://www.sendspace.com/file/msp0jx
my name is herman li, i am the best in da world
Quote by SungWismyName
What does sustain,pickup, and humblewockey(its wrong but it sounds liek this) mean on electric guitars?
Im sorry to offend you, but you hurt my ears.

I think you should try something other than shred. I mean shred is nice and all but all your do is builiding up speed. Dont you want to learn some skill? Some chords? Some rythm and touch? I know i would.

Your not very fluid but i can see your coming along. As far as recording goes, turn the gain down a touch. Actually several touches.
Quote by alaub1491
Im sorry to offend you, but you hurt my ears.

I think you should try something other than shred. I mean shred is nice and all but all your do is builiding up speed. Dont you want to learn some skill? Some chords? Some rythm and touch? I know i would.

Your not very fluid but i can see your coming along. As far as recording goes, turn the gain down a touch. Actually several touches.

yea, i see your point. i do play slower, chord based stuff when the gain is down, but when you've got it turned up.....how can you not play fast . it does seem like it might be a little too high in there though.

i also see what you mean about it not being very fluid. there were a few parts where i hit a few notes that i didn't mean to hit, but i think there were too many sections where i tried to "break" the notes apart with an open note.

thanks for your input though.
Try playing without the constant tremolo picking and it might sound good. Also it sounds kinda really random. Are you using any theory?
Quote by Demonology
Try playing without the constant tremolo picking and it might sound good. Also it sounds kinda really random. Are you using any theory?

well, it WAS pretty much just random playing. i literally just sat down and played that right off the top of my head. i agree that it's too random though. there are some sections of it that sound good (to me, at least), but it seems like it just goes on too long, and there's too much randomness.....i liked the very beginning a lot so maybe i'll try to play more of that.

next song will be a lot slower.....or a cover of Surf Rider by Dick Dale.