Better than '07

It seems that the guys have different sounding voices, compared to the chicks
Nice burny les paul.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
I loved that sexy SG that was playing when Carrie Underwood was on.
She was hot to match.
Oh, and I thought David A was a douche.
Came across as very fake.

David Cook deserved to take this one.
Quote by ldl67
Who won?

Yeah, who won?

And my opinion of Cook is that I really don't like him. He's just a stereotyped "rock" guy. Semi-short to medium hair, soul patch, plays Les Pauls almost exclusively (ugh...), tries too hard to promote cultural issues (not necessarily bad, but overdone, certainly), and has iffy really musical taste. Also, generic voice. Copied Chris Cornell's cover to the note. I really don't like the guy. My mom thinks he's rock. She listens almost exclusively to country.

But Archuleta isn't my cup of figurative tea, either. He looks too teen heart-throb-y (actually, they both do). Also, he kind of looks like me, only much more squint-y. I just expect him to go do a Disney movie or something.

I really don't care for either of these. The one dude with dreads, though, I could listen to him do stuff for a while, and enjoy it. Though I don't really like that he only does like one or two styles, he's actually good at them. His music makes up for whatever I may not like about him personally.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Archuletta should have won.
Quote by Chungavelli
I know this Jewish guy who pierced his asshole.
Quote by volcomgrifter
Archuletta should have won.

i agree. i mean his style wasnt my favorite (although he did do some nuce numbers), but Cook is too generic to win.
dude, what about an actual solo in death metal instead of that poof from linkin park. Think of Pulse of the Maggots - Bed Of Razors

#1 MEMEBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB (PM URE FAV BANDS TO ME TO JOIN)
Quote by Msu_Man04
Congrats to both, I didn't really care who won this year. Both are amazing. But, DC is a rocker... so...

Wow you are a f*cking moron. He is a walking cliche, from the guitar playing to the leather pants to the perfectly teased hair.

And he sounds like every singer that was in an alternative band in the '90s.
If you watched closely you could see David A's father in the audience mouth the words "we were robbed" after Cook is announced as the winner.

What a douche.. I almost feel bad for David A

NOT!
Quote by Beakwithteeth
Wow you are a f*cking moron. He is a walking cliche, from the guitar playing to the leather pants to the perfectly teased hair.

you know they cut his hair and tell him what to wear... right?
and are you seriously getting on to someone for playing guitar on a guitar forum?

you my friend, and a ****ing moron.
The guy with dreads should have one. On accound of his dreads. Because dreads are awesome.

I've never actually watched the show.

But seriously, can you name a single person with dreads who is not awesome?
kill all humans
MSN . com says David Cook won by 12 million votes. im so glad, David A. is really annoying
_b l/ink youreyes /1 for yes 2 fo_r n o
Quote by alaskan_ninja
The guy with dreads should have one. On accound of his dreads. Because dreads are awesome.

I've never actually watched the show.

But seriously, can you name a single person with dreads who is not awesome?

predator.
Quote by Beakwithteeth

....Nickelback?

I wanted the little kid to win.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
David Archuleta was f*cking annoying, I hate him and I think he doesn't deserve anything he has. David Cook was a pompous ass. I thought Syesha (Sp?) was the best singer...and also a hot piece of ass.
Quote by The Madcap
David Archuleta was f*cking annoying, I hate him and I think he doesn't deserve anything he has. David Cook was a pompous ass. I thought Syesha (Sp?) was the best singer...and also a hot piece of ass.

How was david Cook pompous?
_b l/ink youreyes /1 for yes 2 fo_r n o
Quote by xrawrockkillsx

Which is a good thing since he looked much worse before.

I thought the little kid should have one because he was, out of the two choices, the better singer.

I personally only watched Jason's cover of Hallelujah out of the whole finale, and, judging from that alone, he sang better than both of the finalists.
IIIIIII
Quote by The Madcap

Amen, madcap
Quote by TOcheesehead

His constant bravado in performances. You could smell the arrogance bleeding through the TV.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Quote by xrawrockkillsx
predator.

How is he not awesome? Movie monsters FTW!

I don't think he's a person though anyway.
kill all humans
Quote by TOcheesehead
Well, I can't really say this objectively, but from his demeanor, he just seemed to me like he was full of himself, and thought he was the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Quote by Chris_Parker
His constant bravado in performances. You could smell the arrogance bleeding through the TV.

Oh yeah. Couldn't be that he was just..you know, enjoying himself and putting life into his performances.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Righto. You're officially the best person ever.
Thanks babe.

Paine of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM metacarpi, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!

SSBB FC: 0645 - 5498 - 0197
Quote by synopsize
Which is a good thing since he looked much worse before.

I thought the little kid should have one because he was, out of the two choices, the better singer.

I personally only watched Jason's cover of Hallelujah out of the whole finale, and, judging from that alone, he sang better than both of the finalists.

Yes. 100% yes. That and the Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World Bruddah Iz cover should have locked it for him. Great singer, that one.

Quote by The Madcap
Well, I can't really say this objectively, but from his demeanor, he just seemed to me like he was full of himself, and thought he was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Exactly, you've got it right. I couldn't stand him. I'd bet the lefty-LP probably even adds to the generica of 90s alt...
Quote by Pauldapro
Last edited by Chris_Parker at May 21, 2008,
Quote by Mrs. Lovett
Oh yeah. Couldn't be that he was just..you know, enjoying himself and putting life into his performances.
Nobody said he wasn't...it's not like arrogance contradicts enjoyment when dealing with performances. And it's not like we can help it if he comes off this way to us...
Quote by xrawrockkillsx

Yes, hence why thinking he is a "rocker" is a stupid thing to think.

Quote by xrawrockkillsx

and are you seriously getting on to someone for playing guitar on a guitar forum?

Yes I am because he played unnecessary power chords to look cool, the guitar was a prop to help fit the "rocker" image.

Quote by xrawrockkillsx

you my friend, and a ****ing moron.

Please address us seperately.
Damn, Madcap just puts everything better than I can. I agree, again.
Quote by Pauldapro
i hated both so much. Syesha should have one
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Quote by The Madcap
Nobody said he wasn't...it's not like arrogance contradicts enjoyment when dealing with performances. And it's not like we can help it if he comes off this way to us...

Honestly I didn't see much arrogance in him. I didn't watch the whole season, so I could have missed where he was spotting off. At the end it seemed to me like he wasn't expecting a win...and he looked pretty damn grateful for the experience as a whole.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Righto. You're officially the best person ever.
Thanks babe.

Paine of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM metacarpi, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!

SSBB FC: 0645 - 5498 - 0197
Cook's really a humble, respectable, selfless musician. He sings for the love of singing. And you can tell..he's so sincere. He may have some pitch problems here and there..but I'm glad he won. He definitely deserved it.

Archie was good, but I don't think he could sell many records, and his style was limited. He did have talent though, but Cook deserved to win.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Quote by Mrs. Lovett
Honestly I didn't see much arrogance in him. I didn't watch the whole season, so I could have missed where he was spotting off. At the end it seemed to me like he wasn't expecting a win...and he looked pretty damn grateful for the experience as a whole.
I'll admit he did look grateful tonight, probably because of the beating Simon gave him yesterday, but besides that...
Holy hell David Cook was my guitar teacher and I jumped a little when I saw this thread, I thought someone was talking about him.

But it's just American Idol...
Quote by kayaress one

Sir, I love you.

Quote by calebrocker
Cook's really a humble, respectable, selfless musician. He sings for the love of singing. And you can tell..he's so sincere. He may have some pitch problems here and there..but I'm glad he won. He definitely deserved it.

Archie was good, but I don't think he could sell many records, and his style was limited. He did have talent though, but Cook deserved to win.

This is like a 300 of opinions, wow. I guess you'll be fighting in the shade, then...
Quote by Pauldapro
Quote by Beakwithteeth

Yes I am because he played unnecessary power chords to look cool, the guitar was a prop to help fit the "rocker" image.

well then how is it his fault that hes "a walking cliche?"

maybe he just feels more comfortable with a guitar in his hands? i know i do. most people that play guitar and sing feel weird when they just sing.

and what?
Quote by Beakwithteeth

You're really dumb if you believe anything you have just typed.
www.youtube.com/jordan123x
Quote by xrawrockkillsx
well then how is it his fault that hes "a walking cliche?"

maybe he just feels more comfortable with a guitar in his hands? i know i do. most people that play guitar and sing feel weird when they just sing.

and what?

You don't HAVE to dress the way they tell you, you know you could quit the show once you realized how fake it was making you.

Valid point, but he only played it half of the time.

You said "and", like we are seperate people. (the moron and I)
Quote by Chris_Parker
This is like a 300 of opinions, wow. I guess you'll be fighting in the shade, then...

...ok...

honestly, i wanted Archie to win. he was the better singer. but I think Cook'd get more radio play and sell more records. Plus, I can relate to Cook.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Last edited by calebrocker at May 21, 2008,
Page 1 of 2