Page 1 of 2
Questions that question everything.

1. If the solar system (UNIVERSE) stops somewhere like scientists say it does, whats behind it?
2. If everyone took a giant fart at the same time would we all die because of toxicity in the air?
3. If God is real then why why the **** would he let the Holocaust happen or babies die?

Share yours?

EDIT: I realise my questions aren't the best. This is really for everyone else.
Last edited by Radio Addict at May 21, 2008,
Quote by gen0doom
Easily the most important one : Why?

damnit, exactly what i had in my head once i saw the title of this thread
"Could Jesus microwave a burrito so hot that He Himself couldn't eat it."
-Homer Simpson
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Quote by Radio Addict

1. If the solar system stops somewhere like scientists say it does, whats behind it?
2. If everyone took a giant fart at the same time would we all die because of toxicity in the air?
3. If God is real then why why the **** would he let the Holocaust happen or babies die?

Share yours?

1. another solar system.
2. no, there is alot of air that would have to be filled, everybody farts and we're not dead so doing it at the same time wouldn't affect anything.
3.a) They were Jewish or non-Christian
b)He wants the parents to keep having sex.

/thread
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Quote by Radio Addict

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able, and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?

- Epicurus

And in reference to question 1, only some scientists believe the (universe?) ends, while the majority, from what I've learned in class, believe it to infinitely expand.
: : Guitars
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
Ibanez Acoustic-Electric
Fender Black Strat
: : Effects
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde Distortion & Overdrive
Dunlop Crybaby
Fender Tuner
Last edited by deslni01 at May 21, 2008,
Quote by Radio Addict

1. If the solar system stops somewhere like scientists say it does, whats behind it?

Share yours?

I assume you mean universe, we can see past our solar system.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
1 ...what?
2 probably not...i like skvvisgaars answer
3 the only rational answer i can think of is that after watching millenia of people dying in his name has developed a rather sick sense of humor, which then contradicts his status as an omnibenevolent creator and questions the assumption that he does exist

gen0doom, i couldnt agree with you more
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio Addict

Share yours?

1. i dono, white like the matrix?
2. not gonna happen
3. b/c god does not have opinions or human traits, thats just humans creating god. tho i cant explain god 'it'self
Quote by __Ronnie__
What would happen if I divide by zero?

it would give you zero
Quote by Radio Addict

Share yours?

1. More systems, the solar system is merely a small portion of the Milky Way galaxy which is one of millions of galaxys.

2. No

3. God isn't real
Quote by jackson001
Ironbodom, I hate you.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
damnit Ironbodom.

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Yes, someone "was ate jam" while they were playing.
Brilliant observation.

Save SURGE
Quote by Radio Addict

1. If the universe stops somewhere like scientists say it does, whats behind it?

Share yours?

1. either random subatomic particles are behind it, nothing is behind it or it doesnt end and scientists are wrong
2. no
3. **** happens, and its just another example of why bad things happen to good people. Book of Job holds the answer
If cheese gets it's picture taken, what does it say?

EDIT: American parents feed their babies baby food with little spoons. Do Asian parents feed their kids with toothpicks?
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by Radio Addict

Share yours?
1. I'm pretty sure an astronomer can answer the question pretty easily. It's just other miscellaneous stuff in our universe.

2. Again, not a hard question to answer for the right scientist.

3. Tons of different answers. Deism, free will, etc. this is the first question that actually can't be answered factually.
Quote by Radio Addict
Quote by Ironbodom
3. God isn't real
Great way to answer that question.
How high can you count?

answer me that
~ Purchase your tickets; I'm kicking your crosses down ~
Quote by sleeplessforevr
kenan, how does the book of job explain it?

the lord giveth and the lord taketh away
Quote by clancy256
How high can you count?

answer me that
Not past 20, because I would eventually realize my counting is pointless and I have a watch that can do the work for me.
Quote by Radio Addict
Q

oh

my

god.

that questions the very fabric of our reality!
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
Quote by Radio Addict

Share yours?

1.Alternate realities?
2.No, probably not but a few smokers may get burnt.
3.Because humans are ignorant and never want to blame their problems on themselves so they blame others. When there is noone else to blame, they blame god because it can't defend itself.

Edit: If a tree falls in the forest and no great thinker is around to question it, do we all move on with our lives?
"It smells like semen and Vicks in here!"

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Join
Fight Club
"this is bob, bob has bitch tits"
Last edited by guitarmansmitty at May 21, 2008,
kenan, that doesnt explain the problem of evil at all

correct me if im wrong, but in the book of Job god takes away all of Jobs possessions and kills his family and everything to prove to the devil that Job would remain faithful to him
a)if god is omniscient, wouldnt he already know that Job would remain faithful and not need to kill his family in order to prove to himself something he already knew?
b)why would god care about what the devil thinks? if god is omnipotent the devil cant do anything anyway
c)what could every single member of Jobs family have done to deserve death? does it really even out by giving Job more kids than he had before, like the more he had the better they were at replacing his dead family?

the book of Job explains the workings of an unjust god, not why evil persists in the world
Quote by guitarmansmitty
Edit: If a tree falls in the forest and no great thinker is around to question it, do we all move on with our lives?
Just the people smart enough to realize it's a f*cking tree and, yes, it is a mechanical radiant energy that is transmitted by longitudinal pressure waves in a material medium (copied from the dictionary).
Quote by sleeplessforevr

correct me if im wrong, but in the book of Job god takes away all of Jobs possessions and kills his family and everything to prove to the devil that Job would remain faithful to him
a)if god is omniscient, wouldnt he already know that Job would remain faithful and not need to kill his family in order to prove to himself something he already knew?
b)why would god care about what the devil thinks? if god is omnipotent the devil cant do anything anyway
c)what could every single member of Jobs family have done to deserve death? does it really even out by giving Job more kids than he had before, like the more he had the better they were at replacing his dead family?

the book of Job explains the workings of an unjust god, not why evil persists in the world

i'll say rightup that i'm obviously not an expert on the subject, but ill give it a shot

a)god is omniscient, but god did this to Job anyway because Job has free will
b)this part of the tanakh (like most of the others) is here to prove the glory of God, and to prove the devil wrong, maybe dissuading him from trying to better Him
c)Job's family 'missed the point'; while Job praised God's name, his wife and family cursed it. After all of Job's misfortunes, he became wealthy and healthy, but since his family cursed God, they didn't receive the good things Job did
1. Beyond the solar system is many, many, MANY more solar systems.
Beyond space there is nothing.
2. I doubt it... You can't poison yourself with one fart, and there would one fart per person. And a lot of airspace.
3. Depends on your beliefs.
Space reserved for cool quotes.
Quote by Radio Addict

Share yours?

1. You meant the universe. As for that though, you should ask all those genius scientists who proposed that theory. I'm not defending anybody elses idiotic primitive views on the universe besides my own.
2. No
3. What do you expect him to do?
Quote by holyvr
it would give you zero

Nope, if you divide something by 0 then you will have whatever the number you started out with

Let's say you throw a party, but no one comes because you don't understand simple math. You ordered a pizza but theres no one there, so the eight slices that the delivery guy gave to you are still there in the box.

And now I will prepare for the smart asses:
You are not hungry so you don't eat the pizza
Quote by Ledhead82048
Nope, if you divide something by 0 then you will have whatever the number you started out with

Let's say you throw a party, but no one comes because you don't understand simple math. You ordered a pizza but theres no one there, so the eight slices that the delivery guy gave to you are still there in the box.

You just aren't dividing the pizza. Not dividing it by zero...
Quote by Ledhead82048

Not really because a fraction is really X amount out of Y total.
So here you'd have 0/8 slices eaten.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Join
Fight Club
Quote by Radio Addict

1. If the solar system (UNIVERSE) stops somewhere like scientists say it does, whats behind it?

Share yours?

EDIT: I realise my questions aren't the best. This is really for everyone else.

1. Lol nice edit
2. No..Wtf? Lol
3. Because if God gave people free will, he has to let people deal with the consequnces of their choices. He isn't and does not claim to be superman. he won't clean up your or my messes.
Quote by guitarmansmitty
Not really because a fraction is really X amount out of Y total.
So here you'd have 0/8 slices eaten.

Correct, I also have 8/8 slices sitting there.
Quote by Ledhead82048

No, you would have 8 slices not 1.
And you are not dividing by zero!
1) according to the 'big bang' theory, it never stops
2) farts are not toxic
3) God gave us free will

not bad questions
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by Ledhead82048

You can't prove a mathematical equation like x/0 with pizzas....
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by sleeplessforevr

A. Have you ever had a situation where you told someone somehing and they didn't believe you, even though you knew for a fact that you're right?
B. I don't know
C. Wellif you believe the bible then you believe that every person deserves death, so yeah.

I've personally left christianity, bu these are just my thoughts.
a) elaborate please, the most i can get out of that is that although he knew all along, he did it anyway cuz Job had free will and although the experiment was pointless it would be fun
b)where is the glory in an arrogant, jealous god who constantly needs to be praised for his superiority and alleged glory? and why does the devil exist in the first place? was he a fallen angel? why did god give him free will as well? couldnt god realize that giving free will to man but not to the epitome of evil would be a more optimal solution than free will for all?
c)could you point out the passages in which this occurs? i am looking through the bible and from what i can see they are killed in chapter one without a single statement regarding any cursing of god. and besides his family, what about his servants who were killed by the Sabeans and the "fire of god from the sky"? where does it mention that they spoke out against god and thus deserved to die? and of the animals? did they curse god also and deserve to die along with the rest?
Quote by brandon369852
You can't prove a mathematical equation like x/0 with pizzas....

Well damn-it we can try.

No, you wouldn't have 8/8 slices, it reduces to 1. At this point we arent' even dividing by zero anymore anyway.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Join
Fight Club
Page 1 of 2