i recently took back up my crack addiction to age of empires. i remember why i gave it up, but now im back on the horse. the games take forever, i just played one that took almost 3 hours, but i throughly enjoyed destroying my opponent.

so any comments, thoughts, questions share them here.

my favorite is AoE2. don't have the expansion pack yet but looking for it.

i have been trying to get custom scenarios to allow me to play a multi player game over a LAN to let me have max resources of each, but when i set the resources, then start the game, it changes the resources back to the setting in the game set up menu. anyone know how to get it to work so that instead of the regular setting it uses your custom setting?
Quote by fallenangel20

And thanks MotleyCrueSATD, that was pretty awesome.

Quote by hemi-san
the truth he speaks well, harken unto his word.
AoE2 the conquerers was SO much fun. I kicked ass at that game. I was a big fan of the British. 120 elite longbowman were hard to beat.
AoE2 the conquerers was SO much fun. I kicked ass at that game. I was a big fan of the British. 120 elite longbowman were hard to beat.

120 paladins ftw?

Even though thats really expensive, but you'd need FAR less than that to take down those brits.

oh the days.
i never got into that, but i loved stuff like rise of nations and command and conquers, those are awesome games
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Elitist Paul Mccartney Texan
Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0unpDZFIWA
i got aoe 3 with the native american expansion.
Yea that's right, I want something to explode

I've been deaf, now I want noise

LOUD LOVE
I was never really into AoE. I'm more of a C&C guy myself. That being said, I loved just making an army of nothing but War Elephants and crushing anything in my path.
I loved AOE 2... Me and my dad would have these epic 4-hour long multilayer games where we each had like 4 layers of walls and 10 castles each. Age of Mythology was fun too, even if it was cheesy. I never really got into AOE 3 though.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
I still play Age of Kings on a regular basis. Longbowmen FTW! Great game. I love making huge fortresses in the scenario editor and setting myself up against 6 enemies. Good times!
All your base are belong to us.
the third one never appeased me, either its the cheesy looking graphics, or just my graphic card. i think that AoE2 is just sooo much better.
Quote by fallenangel20

Quote by hemi-san
I tried to get back into AOE a while ago but the online MSN Gaming Zone has changed to like, some crappy GameSpy client and no one ever plays on it! Lame!
█████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–
I had AoE2 Age of Kings, but lost it. But the problem was that whenever I did random map, the Computer would forfeit within 5 minutes, before I had even built an army to attack him.

I still have AoE1 Gold Edition tho. My friend has Age of Mythology, which is mad fun.

p.s.: I love the cheats on these games! Especially age of mythology, like the fork boys and stuff. I also think the first one has this cool ape that's really strong. And Kings has the car with guns!
Saint Louis Blues
Last edited by The Picker at May 21, 2008,
Ahhh man. Back in elementary school, AoE was an after-school activity.
Quote by hug a llama
You put parentheses in parentheses. I...I...I think I love you.

Quote by Vos
THANK YOU! You're my hero!
if we could figure out a way to get a UG game going, that would be fun.
Quote by fallenangel20

Quote by hemi-san
get the Conquerers.

spanish are funkying tight.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I have The Conquerers, still play it once in a while too. But I hate it when you have the highest score and all the computers come after you.
hey the humanity, I read your sig and facepalmed. do you realize why people have those avatars? or are you stupid? and I dont think the avatar you're refering to is actually Indiana Jones.

and on topic, AoE2 is the only game I still have installed on my computer. reading this thread has reminded me that I should download the expansion pack. and maybe check my basement for AoE...
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Quote by Hot_Money420
Empire Earth FTW????

+1 but i do loves me some AoE
We fear violence less than our own feelings. Personal, private, solitary pain is more terrifying than what anyone else can inflict.
Jim Morrison
I stopped playing because my laptop or vista on my laptop wont let me play 2 or 3
Quote by BGrem261
You are a very loving and smart carton of fries...

THE BOSS of the
Official Metal Gear and Metal Gear Solid Group

Click to join
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
when enough rednecks start talking about how awesome it is, that's when it's defined as classic rock.
I have the AoE II trial.

Magonels FTW!

Get 25 on each side of the enemy and their civilization is hopeless.

Anyone else have it? If you do, is there any way to have a multi player game over the internet?

If so, I'd be up for a game tonight!
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
ok, so I checked Pirate Bay for the Conquerors expansion, but all the downloads have AoE2 and the expansion. all I need is the expansion, I have AoE2. anyone know where I could find just the expansion.

go to the "I have Cancer" Thread. the guy (Grundy0 I think is his name) who originally had the avatar is dying of cancer, and some people have his avatar to show respect. where have you been these last few weeks?
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Last edited by skvvisgaar at May 21, 2008,
Quote by freedoms_stain
I was addicted to AoE2 back in the day.

Used to alternate between that and Star Craft

Star Craft OWNZ!! Waiting for Star Craft II to be released.
i got all 3 of them. I bought my first one in 1999 in when i didnt even have a computer. I love these games SO much.
Quote by rich_sg
I've been here nearly 4 years now. I get no respect.

Quote by xCobainx
Respect in the pit?

Lol

Pink Floyd is The Best
I played AoE2 and 3, but I played 3 more.

I loved playing Russians and making a huge regular army, but then like, 75 light cavalry (cossacks, horse archers, stuff like that). I'd then take this "Light Brigade" and mercilessly massacre the enemy's peasants who were mining or lumbering or something. They could flee to my own lines before the enemy's army could catch up.

It was great.
The medium is the message!