Page 1 of 2
k i'm a moutain biker i know alot you could say but anway i want a bmx and i know nothing about frames sizes, good companys, good parts, etc. so anyone that can help me with advice
i am grateful.
I'm 5'9 120 pounds age 15(i won't get any taller then 6foot i think)
i want a good bmx that i can ride in dirt do jumps with, litte tricks nothing to big.

so ya if you need anymore info just ask.

thanks nathan
Quote by Hot_Money420
Mountain bike will not work....get a BMX bike...

????? i am asking for advice about a bmx i want one but i'm a moutain biker and know nothing about bmxs.
Try buying a skateboard instead, .
But seriously, I don't know too much about BMXer guys.
Quote by kayaress one

Sir, I love you.

damn this doesn't look good lol. so um anyone else have some advice lol.

other things i want it for dirt and road. sometimes i am just sick of riding my moutain bikes.

2. i can't skateboard
Last edited by nath1142 at May 21, 2008,
get something like an eastern or a Stolen(brand), they are probibly your best bet
Keep Strong Grundy

Quote by metaldud536
Milkshakes. They bring the boys to the yard.

Quote by humperdunk
OWNED
try specialized and haro bmx bikes my friends have them and they are really good quality. and since your about my size, the 20' wheels will work, its the biggest that come on bmx and its alittle uncomfertable at first but you get used to them. i personally dont have one bc i fail at bmx but i ride my friends all the time

for the price this is a good one
http://www.harobikes.com/bmx/bikes/forum_20.php
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Elitist Paul Mccartney Texan
Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0unpDZFIWA
i think your best bet is to just go to a bike shop, those guys will know the perfect size for you, you cant really know without trying
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Elitist Paul Mccartney Texan
Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0unpDZFIWA
Quote by Ardie12
i think your best bet is to just go to a bike shop, those guys will know the perfect size for you, you cant really know without trying

ya i know but i don't live in a city and won't be going to one for a couple weeks.
I was ranked 5th in the state of Western Australia two years in a row.

I'd say go out and buy a Pro size bike, it should come with all the things you need.

You have to remove the front brake, all reflectors and the chain guard.

Then you have to get a license, they're fairly cheap over here, although I'm not sure about over there.

Oh, ****.

You're talking about skate park/dirt jumping.

Fark, I was talking about racing.

Well everything except licenses and removing chain guards etc. is the same.

I can give you more advice when you come back with different options.
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/westaussie/

Quote by StratPat

Quote by blacksabbath8
So I had to take a massive dump, and I went in the bassment. So it's been down there for a while and the stench is terrible and i think it's seeping into the floor.

brands: Hoffman, Haro, We The People, higher end Huffy, Eastern...any of those are decent bikes.
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed
I do quite a bit of mountain biking too and when I got into BMX I went for a redline. These are seriously kick ass bikes and I would advise you look into them. Also, GT makes some good stuff. If you don't mind me asking what kind of mountain bike do you have?
http://www.gtbicycles.com/usa/eng/
http://www.redlinebicycles.com/
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by emery01
I was ranked 5th in the state of Western Australia two years in a row.

I'd say go out and buy a Pro size bike, it should come with all the things you need.

You have to remove the front brake, all reflectors and the chain guard.

Then you have to get a license, they're fairly cheap over here, although I'm not sure about over there.

Oh, ****.

You're talking about skate park/dirt jumping.

Fark, I was talking about racing.

Well everything except licenses and removing chain guards etc. is the same.

I can give you more advice when you come back with different options.

You need a license to race?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by nath1142
k i'm a moutain biker i know alot you could say but anway i want a bmx and i know nothing about frames sizes, good companys, good parts, etc. so anyone that can help me with advice
i am grateful.
I'm 5'9 120 pounds age 15(i won't get any taller then 6foot i think)
i want a good bmx that i can ride in dirt do jumps with, litte tricks nothing to big.

so ya if you need anymore info just ask.

thanks nathan

I'm about in your size category and just bought a white DK step up 2008 and it is the ****! I love it. Check danscomp.com thats where i got it.
"We are the music makers... and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka
Quote by soul_power
I do quite a bit of mountain biking too and when I got into BMX I went for a redline. These are seriously kick ass bikes and I would advise you look into them. Also, GT makes some good stuff. If you don't mind me asking what kind of mountain bike do you have?
http://www.gtbicycles.com/usa/eng/
http://www.redlinebicycles.com/

thanks for the advice. i ride a giant trance 1( it's my dad's but i kinda stole it lol)
and my dirt jumping bike is a kona shred that i built. both are very good bikes.

my dad rides alot to he has the trance , gaint rincon and a kona stuff he upgraded.

what do you ride?
Last edited by nath1142 at May 22, 2008,
a question would buying a frame off of pikebike and building a bike be a good idea?
Get a Mongoose or a Next. Top of the line, IMHO. I even did a backflip on my Mongoose Team Issue once and only all of the bike fell apart.
the ladies love when i gyrate my ass in front of a graveyard
Well,not sure on any particular models but:Haro,Redline,DiamondBack,Free Agent,S&M.Just look for a frame that looks sturdy.The only thing you may want to invest extra in are 3 piece cranks and double or triple wall rims,even though you don't weigh much,a standard crank and/or rim might bend of some jumps.Hope some of that helps.
Proud Member Of The Leah Dizon Fan Club
STOJDub, is right, get 3 piece cranks (a guy at a bike shop will know what they are) and sturdy rims, because regular rims can bend on even a small jump, in my experience.
the ladies love when i gyrate my ass in front of a graveyard
can i ask whats with people taking the front brake off or riding no brakes???
Quote by STOJDub
Well,not sure on any particular models but:Haro,Redline,DiamondBack,Free Agent,S&M.Just look for a frame that looks sturdy.The only thing you may want to invest extra in are 3 piece cranks and double or triple wall rims,even though you don't weigh much,a standard crank and/or rim might bend of some jumps.Hope some of that helps.

Don't think that because a frame LOOKS sturdy, it is. Your absolute best bet is to look into some of the DK bikes, primarily the 8-pack. Its the perfect beginner to intermediate bike. stay away from haros, they might be built like a rock but they ride like one too. Your other option would be to check out fit bikes. they are extremely nice but pricey
GEAR
Jackson RR3
Ibanez RG5
Assorted BC Rich's
Peavey Valveking halfstack
Assorted effects

Quote by Jayez
i got guitar hero 3, but without the controller.......my moms IQ is below 60.
k i went into calgary i can ethier get a haro or a specialized.
which of ethier ones would be good for me?
i LOVED riding bmx's.. i never did much tricks or anything, but i just loved being that low to the ground, cruising in the most comfortable way possible, and the simplicity of them.

i've got a huge pig for a mountain bike now.. and i'd trade it for a BMX anyday.

(too bad junkies stole mine for drugs)
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
so is there any good haro or specialized bikes that are good for street,jumping,dirt, and tricks. an all around bike??
nothing that really shines among the rest. I really suggest ordering a complete bike off of danscomp.com, there are many better bikes to choose from
GEAR
Jackson RR3
Ibanez RG5
Assorted BC Rich's
Peavey Valveking halfstack
Assorted effects

Quote by Jayez
i got guitar hero 3, but without the controller.......my moms IQ is below 60.
Quote by nath1142
age 15

Well there's your problem. You'll probably grow out of BMX's as you get older and discovers Automobiles.
Quote by bananahammock
How many mods does it take ban half of the pit?
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
k i'll look at danscomp. i need something for flatland,dirt,tricky and all around bike.

i was looking at specialized fuse but i think there might be some better haro's.(if i can't order a differnt bike.
If you want a BMX bike,
FIT and S&M bikes are great.
I've got a Fit Team Trial myself (built for dirt jumps n trials n ****).

Or if you feel BMX is a little small and want something bigger, you can always get a 26" DJ/Street/Freeride bike.
Specialized P bikes are great ones.
Giant STP, Cannondale Chase, Kona Stuff are other good ones too.
Brodie, Blkmrkt (made by S&M), Norco are a few more good bike makers that do good 26" hard tails too.
But they'll easily cost you twice as much as the BMX.
Though you can do a little more/little less with these too!

Oh and one thing,
When getting a BMX bike, go with a one with a full 100% cro-moly frame and fork. They're tough and sturdy, will take immense loads of beating/trashing without letting you down!

For 26"ers, you can get away with a lighter A1 aluminum frame too.
Which one is better between cr-mo or aluminum is a lot debatable here and you'll be fine with either but nothing less!
Last edited by af_the_fragile at May 24, 2008,
k thanks man i was thinking of geting a specialized fuse 2 and i was looking at haro backtrail but i think there abit 2 heavy. still not sure how heavy a fuse 2 would but that is as far as i a have got so far.
my stock Fit Team Trial is about 27lbs and thats decent weight..

If you want a light bike then you'ld probably hafta build one up yourself and it'll cost you good loads.
S&M L.T.F. frame is one of the lightest frame out there at 4.2lbs. And one of the best too.
Then you can build the rest of the bike finding light parts and components and it'll cost you a decent loads (like over $1000 for a <24lbs bike).

So like you can get a relatively light 25-27lbs bike and always upgrade the parts later when you feel the need.
Don't become a weight freak while you're just getting into BMX. Keep it till you've crossed the novice/amateur level.

And i wouldn't recommened Specialized BMX bikes.
They specialize (no pun) in Mountain/Road bikes (and make one of the best ones of those) and are not the best BMX bike makers out there.
Stick to the more hardcore BMX bike makers like S&M, Fit, Eastern, We the People and all.
You'll get cheaper and much better stuff with those brands.
Page 1 of 2