I'm thinking about painting my pickguard, but because of the materials a pickguard is made of, I've heard it's a pain in the ass to do.

If I actually tape up the pickguard, would that work, as there is a new surface for the paint to dry onto? Or will it turn out badly and have side effects?
what do you plan to paint?

Spray cans work, humbrol and testors model paint works awesome, they also come in spray
So, these suggestions, are they for the tape on the pickguard, or just the plain pickguard?

I'd also be using spray paint for this.
i dont know what youre saying, what are you painting? solid colour? stencil?
Quote by Ethalopian
I'm thinking about painting my pickguard, but because of the materials a pickguard is made of, I've heard it's a pain in the ass to do.

If I actually tape up the pickguard, would that work, as there is a new surface for the paint to dry onto? Or will it turn out badly and have side effects?

It's Post #3 in the Ultimate Painting/Finishing Sticky - click!

Originally Posted by Ippon
If you want the paint to not scuff or peel, you need to use:

You have 2 options with Acrylic Paint for Plastic:

1. Paint for Plastic Primer + Acrylic Colorcoat Paint; or,
2. Paint for Plastic Colorcoat.

With either options, you need to lightly scuff sand. Use 400 grit, nothing coarser, or else the scratches will be too deep/rough. 600 is better.

With option 1, you'll have more choices with the colocoat. For example, if you decide on an elaborate or intricate design, the primer for plastic will serve as your base. This is best if your design is at least 3 or more colors.

Here's a sample:

With option 2, you can stick with a simple 1- or 2-color design. Here's a sample:

It is best to use Clearcoat on Option 1. Clearcoating is optional on Option 2.

Remember, Paint for Plastic will form a molecular bond with your PickGuard's plastic.

Good Luck!