Is this Johnson guitar good?
It's a very good guitar for the price when i played it, and you can divebomb so easily on it. and when/if i get it, im putting a dimebucker and a emg 81.
well this is the guitar.
http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://www.aampselectricguitarstore.com/images/johnson_js-330_set.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.aampselectricguitarstore.com/johnson_guitars/johnson_electric_catalyst_js-330.html&h=323&w=293&sz=15&hl=en&start=4&um=1&tbnid=2gkYy1Z1qwc-sM:&tbnh=118&tbnw=107&prev=/images%3Fq%3Djohnson%2Bguitars%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN

tell me what you think please.
cheers
Never heard of them, the look nice though.

Have you tried looking up a review for these guitars on Harmony Central?
ADA MP-1 fanatic!

Rig:
ADA MP-1 (stock)
TC Electronic G-Major
Marshall El84 20/20
no i have not.
cause i cant find a review, the guitars like, unknown, but its beautiful.
its either this one, or a ibanez s520ex.
but i want to find out what everyone else thinks about it.
If you've played it and you like it then go for it.

I've never heard of them either. But it's not dirt cheap too good to be true as well as not overpriced.

How bad can it be right?
yeah johnson makes really crappy beginner guitars
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Martin DC-16RE Premium

Fender Snakeskin Champ 12
Not true. I have a Jonson guitar and its good for beginner like your first guitar. if your good then i pefer you look somewhere else.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-
i know johnson makes horrible guitars, but i think i found the one that isnt horrible.
im also getting a classic randall head (the one dime won in his texas contest, forget what it is right now)

but is it worth that? is it worth putting dime's and an emg in it? are they even a good combo?
sorry i have alot of questions.

cheers
ive been playing for 2 years, i can do pretty good i think, (i play like tony iommi/dime style, alot of pulls and hammers all over the place, and fast)
i have an epiphone lp-100 right now. and its just too heavy for me to play on stage now, i also want a faster neck too.
thats the reason i either want this, or the ibanez.
Quote by KirknRandall
ive been playing for 2 years, i can do pretty good i think, (i play like tony iommi/dime style, alot of pulls and hammers all over the place, and fast)
i have an epiphone lp-100 right now. and its just too heavy for me to play on stage now, i also want a faster neck too.

Save up a little more and get something with a decent floyd, because a ****ty floyd isnt worth it and becomes a massive hassle to deal with
Quote by KirknRandall

Iommi/Dime style... maybe you never realized this but Dime's stuff used various scales, a lot of dive bombs and pinch harmonics, and were generally considered "shred" where as most of Iommi's stuff revolved around blues pentatonic scales... You really can't even use those two names in the same sentence when talking about playing styles...

But yea, Johnson guitars are all crap. Don't waste your money.
i mean like, iommi's solos do alot of roational and hammer ons, while dimes do the crazy hammer on's/pull off's with a divebomb kind of stuff.
Well, two different styles for sure. Iommi rocks.

However, I think you should look elsewhere. Why not buy the Iommi Epi Sig? Or maybe go with the Ibanez you were looking at.
I love Iommi. He's like a second God to me. (christian FTW)
but hes sig, not so much..
but yeah, im thinking of going with the ibanez.
But i might be getting this one RG with Floyd, and its signed by Joe Satriani.
I think i might go for that one.