So I'm going on a trip to Europe (landing in Germany for a brief transfer, then heading to Switzerland, Italy, and France). Is $400 (gonna be converted, of course) enough for the 13 day trip? It's a school sponsored trip, and we are gonna be provided two meals a day and free entrance to the activities that are on the schedule. We have to pay for lunch and for any extra things that we want to do, and of course I will want to buy souvenirs. And I'll want to throw in a beer or two every now and then if at all possible.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
it'll be like Eurotrip!!

"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
hmm, £200 for 2 weeks is tight (dunno what that converts to in euros, sorry).

I suppose if you only need to buy lunch every day and you make sure you eat cheap it'd stretch.

I spent about £200 on a 7 day holiday in Spain last year, granted I was getting shit faced nightly and you won't.
I went to Germany last Christmas and I took $1000. After conversion it was somethin like 850 euros. I was there for two weeks and I used pretty much all of it, but I bought Christmas presents for 6 people and I drank a lot of beer.
400 bucks is only 250 euros which isnt really that much. its goes a lot faster than you think it would.
Possibly...depends on how much you buy and how much control you have. I would bring your interac card just in case.
It'll be a struggle, the Euro is pretty weak right now (but not as weak as the Dollar). I'm going to Florida for 2 weeks in September and i'm taking $3000 to cover everything (3 meals a day and souvenirs) not sure that will even be enough though.

Take a credit card with you if possible just as a safety net in case you run out of cash.
Quote by Sol9989
it'll be like Eurotrip!!

Actually, that's what they're calling it.

Thanks for all the advice. I'm getting a little more for graduation, so I'll put some of that towards the trip. I don't plan on buying a LOT, I just want to be able to buy some small things to remember the trip by and to bring back to friends and stuff.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
If you want to just survive than 400$ is enough. But if you want this to be a little more enjoyable, bring at least 600$. Germany and France aren't too expensive, but Italy is full of people looking to rip off tourists, so even some ice cream and a half decent meal can be horribly expensive there (at least in the places that are frequented by tourists a lot).
Not comfortable, but you'd get by.

I spent £320 over 4 days in Amsterdam back in April.
For two weeks on a school trip in Italy I'd take at least 300 to 350 euros with me.

Quote by TheQuailman
Let me guess: Weed, booze and hookers? I hear Amsterdam was built on a foundation of these three.

The entire Netherlands actually.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by TheQuailman
If you want to just survive than 400$ is enough. But if you want this to be a little more enjoyable, bring at least 600$. Germany and France aren't too expensive, but Italy is full of people looking to rip off tourists, so even some ice cream and a half decent meal can be horribly expensive there (at least in the places that are frequented by tourists a lot).

Indeed. In Europe, the moment they spot you're American, prepare to get ripped off.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Depends how much you spend, but if it were me it wouldn't cover my drinking.
dude, 400 $ will cover 5-6 days, TOPS!!! At least the way I drink

got back from dublin and spent around 400 euro in four days, not including accomodation. But to be fair ,dublin is one expensive city except for the taxis (8 Euro for a meal at Burger King!)
Rig:

Gibson ES-335
Peavy Classic 30
Last edited by bluesmaster at May 22, 2008,
Quote by smb
Depends how much you spend, but if it were me it wouldn't cover my drinking.

I paid 4 Euros in a bar in Amsterdam for a pint of Heineken extra cold.

Even the supermarkets in tourist areas are over priced when it comes to beer.

Good job taxes are alot lower than UK....
well, i'd take a bit more, because you'll almost certainly want more stuff than you can get with £200

i spent about £300 ($600) in holland for four days (although we had to buy all our own food and drink and pay for entry to stuff...and much was spent on alcohol and so on), but it's better to take more and not spend it than take too little and wish you'd got more.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy