what is the difference between the reissue and the original's (i think made only in 80's)

clarify please

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

The Reissue is supposedly the exact same design and build as the original from the 80's. Some marshall purest will tell you that the Reissue just isnt quite the same. These are the OCD types however.
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
i see, but would it be a better deal to get a used reissue or a original for the same price (idky they're equal)

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

The reissues should still be good amps, I mean it's not like they're gonna sound completely different from the original.

Go for any used one, they'll cost you less and still sound great. JCM 800s are rare around my area, so I can't get one anytime soon.
Well...a used JCM800 will retain it's value...unless it get's destroyed by a mack truck, etc. So in a sense, you could alway sell it and get your $ back. A new re-issue 800 will depreciate in value. The advantage is reliability that comes with newer product has value.

Soundwise...I can't say, as never compared the 2 amps. I CAN say that I used to own an original JCM800 back in the day and it was a sweet amp! I had to sell it (bummer) but many moons later ended up getting a DSL50 which I am most happy with...but admit to missing my 800....oh well!
Quote by timzee117
what is the difference between the reissue and the original's (i think made only in 80's)

clarify please

For the most part, they are pretty accurate. Some laws have changed as far as electronic standards go so actually manufacturing one to original specs could be illegal. IMO, you could buy an original for cheaper than a reissue so why not buy an original.
The reissues are actually a different design. Post 1985 JCM 800s as well as the reissues have more solid state circuitry in the preamp to produce more gain. While there is more gain, it isn't as organic sounding and some say it's fizzier. You can usually find used ones from the early 80s for $900-$1200 depending on condition, so they are a much better deal for a better amp.
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
Wilson WH10
Boss DD-20
Quote by acdclandon
dude originals are tons better without a doubt

and your basis for this is....?
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
i've played through the reissue 2203 and it sounded pretty meh. i didn't get to crank it as much as i like, but i got it pretty loud. i've got a 50watt 2204 that sounds significantly better.
Quote by Ubershall404
The Reissue is supposedly the exact same design and build as the original from the 80's. Some marshall purest will tell you that the Reissue just isnt quite the same. These are the OCD types however.

Actually they are different! And no I'm no OCD type! I have tried the difference between a reissue and an original Plexi and there were a big difference. For an example the reissues have transformers that aren't too close to the originals, for a start. Secondly Marshall has made changes to the board and such.

The reissue is generally not as good as the original, not a bad buy. However for the price of a reissue you could get an early 80's (vertical input!) JCM800. These are like aming the holy grails of tone. Keep in mind the JCM800's came in MANY different versions and Marshall did many changes back in the 80's. But the ones which had the vertical inputs are among the best amps out there. If you can get one of those, DO IT!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009