Hi
I need a new guitar amp. I have been looking around and i came up with the
Vox Valvetronix 50 watter.
I was looking at the 30 watt model but it wouldnt have been loud enough to jam. So anyway any body own one? I want opinions on it I no it has a pre-amp tube and its not all tube but will the AC30TB amp model give me a good clean sound?
Cleans are the MOST important!!!! The distortion is just an added bonus if its good as i will probably just use a pedal. Effects dont have to be perfect i will probably only use Reverb, delay and compression.
I play mostly rock ranging from acoustic style songs to grunge like Nirvana and Alice In Chains.
Opinions please?
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
Last edited by jake_1234 at May 22, 2008,
get the ac30, not the valvetronix...the sound ok, but they're not the real thing
Gats:
Fender US Vintage 70's Strat, Modded Epi LP, Ibanez RBM-1
Amp:
Hughes and Kettner Edition Tube 20
Pedals:
Catalinbread Semaphore, Red WitchPhaser, Line 6 FM-4, Ibanez SM-9, Ibanez SD-9, Morely Bad Horsie, TC Electronic Nova Delay
The AC30CC really is reasonably priced IMO.
But, what is your budget all around? there may be a used tube combo which you would like better.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Valvetronix has really good sounding cleans.
My Gear:
Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster
Squire Stratocaster
Vox AD30VT
Boss DS-1
Boss Super Chorus
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
Quote by darkarbiter7
The AC30CC really is reasonably priced IMO.
But, what is your budget all around? there may be a used tube combo which you would like better.

Budget would probably be similar to the price of the Valvetronix. So about as close as possible to $500AUD. I live in a small area and there is virtually no trade in used amps around here except for the idiot selling a 10 watt practice amp in the paper who wants twice what its worth.
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
you will be very happy with the valvetronix. its great for what your into. you dont have to get a full tube amp yet, dont listen to anyone who tells you otherwise. be sure to try it out though just to make sure you do like it.
Quote by chea_man
you will be very happy with the valvetronix. its great for what your into. you dont have to get a full tube amp yet, dont listen to anyone who tells you otherwise. be sure to try it out though just to make sure you do like it.

Yeh at the moment im not gonna be able to get an all tube amp but one day when i have a good job ill get one.
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
Alright. For now, go ahead and get the valvetronix.
One of the better modelers, and one of the best practice amps for the pric.e
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
For your genres I'd consider getting a hotrod deluxe and some pedals (like a Proco Rat or a Boss DS1 + some sort of overdrive)
Quote by clap_clap_clap
get the ac30, not the valvetronix...the sound ok, but they're not the real thing

while its a good suggestion to get an AC30, the cheapest AC30 costs about 3x what the AD50VT costs.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Man I feel for you people in Australia. For the money (and availability) the VOX may be your best option. Edit: It's a good amp, I hope that didn't sound like I was ripping it!
I own an AD50VT, and it's really good for the price, IMO
Quote by Ed Hunter
The only time I'd want to touch a 500 degrees frying pan is to set my hand on fire and punch someone in the face.

Quote by Captain Insano
Soulja boy! They stole his gold.
Robbed his Jacket now he's cold!

YOU! Steal from Soulja boy.

*sings over crank that*
Quote by Revhain
For your genres I'd consider getting a hotrod deluxe and some pedals (like a Proco Rat or a Boss DS1 + some sort of overdrive)

a hot rod deluxe is a great all around amplifier. however i think its a little out of his price range, unless he finds one used.
Even used if he can find one it would likely be $800 - $1000. They get sodomized in Australia on gear. It's fubar for them. Sorry mates.
huh? the ac30 isn't that bad they're $1500 NZ for the chinese ones I think, and whilst I do like the valvetronix, they're just better...if you want el84's check out the hughes and kettner edition tube, i've got one and everyone comments on my tone, honestly best value amp ever
Gats:
Fender US Vintage 70's Strat, Modded Epi LP, Ibanez RBM-1
Amp:
Hughes and Kettner Edition Tube 20
Pedals:
Catalinbread Semaphore, Red WitchPhaser, Line 6 FM-4, Ibanez SM-9, Ibanez SD-9, Morely Bad Horsie, TC Electronic Nova Delay