as the subject asks, should i get the 535q or weeping demon wah pedals. im looking for something that can do bulls on parade and sweet child o mine sounds, and possibly voodoo child (standard wah songs, i kno, get off). it also needs to handle a lot of gain for some metal stuff, metallica-ish. thanks guys.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
The 535.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
i got the 535q, some people love it, some hate it, it's one of those pedals that you can get any kind of sound you want out of it.

that might be why some people hate it, cause they're not too sure how to set it up properly.

but over the WD, definately get the 535q, the manual that comes with it will show you some little presets to get you started.
Quote by SungWismyName
What does sustain,pickup, and humblewockey(its wrong but it sounds liek this) mean on electric guitars?
Go for the 535Q, its solid, and it will probably give you more options than the weeping demon.
My Gear:

MIM Fat Strat
Ibanez V70CE
Epiphone S-210
Danelectro '59 Factory Spec Reissue
Godin 5th Ave Kingpin

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (x2)
Crybaby 535Q Wah
Marshall Regenerator
EHX Little Big Muff
BBE "Supa-Charger" Power Supply
and it will def handle all the sounds that i want and handles high gain well, correct?
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
thanks all, im gonna get it today with my verbzilla
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
Now a proud owner of the 535Q, get it. I nailed Voodo Child (slight return), Bulls on Parade, and with the Q knob all the way up in the middle position (of the big silver selector knob thingy, don't remember the name), it acts like a boost pedal, increasing volume, high end, harmonics, and a little bit of gain. They're super sweet.
so basically dial the knob to 12 o clock (if looking at the pedal from the side)?
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
/\

Yup. In my opinion, it's one of most versatile stages in the wah. I like the first mode, 3rd, and 4th (12 o'clock is either 3 or 4, I can't remember right now). Using the Q control on the side, turned up to max, allows it to do more of a boost, while not touching it at all gives you full wah wah capabilities. It's also the mode that can nail Tom Morello's wah sound, so I really like it.
thanks for the help! ill def try that out.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
ok great, thanks. any advice for the boost switch? this is my first wah so im so sure how to work it, but i guess that comes with practice like anything else
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
My 535q sucks with my distortion pedal so I'm gonna get a Dime crybaby to handle the gain. I'm open for opinions, cause I'm not totally sure yet.
Quote by xxunder-takerxx
ok great, thanks. any advice for the boost switch? this is my first wah so im so sure how to work it, but i guess that comes with practice like anything else

Well i don't use the boost switch, but i guess it would be cool if you want a solo to really stand out. And yeah it just takes a little practice to get used to the wah action.

Quote by MorgMetal_666
My 535q sucks with my distortion pedal so I'm gonna get a Dime crybaby to handle the gain. I'm open for opinions, cause I'm not totally sure yet.

I think that if the 535q isn't working with your distortion the dime isn't gonna be much differnent because they are a tiny bit similar. It could be how you have your chain set up, is the wah before or after the distortion pedal? cause, i recommend having the wah first in the chain.
Quote by yoyodunno
Well i don't use the boost switch, but i guess it would be cool if you want a solo to really stand out. And yeah it just takes a little practice to get used to the wah action.

I think that if the 535q isn't working with your distortion the dime isn't gonna be much differnent because they are a tiny bit similar. It could be how you have your chain set up, is the wah before or after the distortion pedal? cause, i recommend having the wah first in the chain.

I have it in the first position in the chain, and I also tried it after. Is it possible that there's a problem with the pedal? Any other wahs you'd recommend- Wylde wah?
Quote by MorgMetal_666
I have it in the first position in the chain, and I also tried it after. Is it possible that there's a problem with the pedal? Any other wahs you'd recommend- Wylde wah?

The Dime wah is pretty much exactly the same as the 535Q, and the Wylde wah sounds horrible. Try the ultimate wah thread: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=572372 they will be able to help you more there.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
i got the 535q (by the way i LOVE it, thanks guys), and iv had both before and after distortion pedals and they both work, just sound different. the only thing i noticed is u cant have too much distortion on or the boost switch on the wah or else all u get is feedback in the down position.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
fulltone clyde rocks
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus