hey everyone, i am having a problem with my digitech whammy pedal.

when i activate it (via the on/off switch) it is slightly out of key (with the dry signal) before i leap onto the treadle pedal & rip up a bit of killing in the name...

so i read themanual & performed the calibration however still cannot quite get it..

has anyone else experienced this problem & if so, how did you rectify?

thank you in advance!
Activate the calibration mode, push it all the way forward, but not all the way back. Don't make it touch the little rubber feet on the pedal. Then play normally.

OR!

Just remove the feet from the treadle. That way, when it's in heel position all the way, it'll will be out of the calibrated range.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
why dont you want the feet to touch? i have always done that when i had to recalibrate mine and iv never had a problem with it going out of tune, even checked it with a tuner
when you go back(off), make sure you go back very lightly so it just sits on the rubber stops, if you put your weight on it than you compress the rubber, and when it springs back it moves the treadle forward a little bit shifting the pitch. I calibrating mine with my hands and its been perfect since
Quote by GuitarFreak1387
why dont you want the feet to touch? i have always done that when i had to recalibrate mine and iv never had a problem with it going out of tune, even checked it with a tuner

Sometimes, due to weather, humidity and all that stuff, the rubber feet will expand or contract, or even become deformed. If you calibrate it so that the range stops BEFORE the feet touch, you'll always be in tune at the bottom, because the whammy won't recognize the heel position.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
would shaving a bit of the rubber feet things work because i have this problem
MIJ Rhoads Pro '90
Epi LP Prophecy GX + LP Custom Maple EMGs
MIJ Soloist XL '93 =]
MIJ Fender Strat Kahler
Squire tele '94?
Warlock platinum '90? old shape

Laney VC15

Jackhammer
TRADES????
hey, yeah i tried it by calibrating (stopping before you get to the lowest point) and seems to have worked...

one other question though: when the pedal is in the heel position (one or two octave setting) & the pedal is activated, sucks a LOT of tone. is this normal???
Quote by zero_1999
hey, yeah i tried it by calibrating (stopping before you get to the lowest point) and seems to have worked...

one other question though: when the pedal is in the heel position (one or two octave setting) & the pedal is activated, sucks a LOT of tone. is this normal???

Yeah, mine's like that. Basically even though you're not actually shifting the pitch at all in that setting the whammy's still messing with your signal. It's easier to just turn the whammy off when you're not using it.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
yeah i do that, just sux when you acvtivate the pedal just before leaping into a frenzied 'killing in the name' solo & the volume drops so much!!!
I know exactly how you feel with that one, happened to me last night. You'll just have to develop mega-fast reflexes or something.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music