well, i've got an epi lp 100 and am looking to get a new guitar for about $1000 - $1500, maybe $1800 if desperate, already looked at rr3 rhoads, flying v hellraiser, stuff like that. I want a guitar that has: Whammy, tremolo, 24 frets (preferebly XJ) and more suited for metal. also i want it to look cool! I like esp's, but most don't have whammy's, which i want, so UG, i'm turning to you.........
In that price range, you need to play different guitars until your fingers bleed.

And $1500 is a lot of money. What kind of amp and rid do you have?
well sounds to me like your looking for a schecter they make great guitars and they seem to match all the specs your looking for so check out their work. i have one love it to death and the value for their pricing is great. however this is all my opinion but they're still worth a look.
i have a marshall 15w, a behringer twin speaker 60w, a daphon volume pedal, and a marshall echohead delay pedal. I think i'm fine with amps for now, my behringer can go Extremely loud, and has all sorts of other effects, although slowly i will aquire proper pedal effects.
Quote by p00
i have a marshall 15w, a behringer twin speaker 60w, a daphon volume pedal, and a marshall echohead delay pedal. I think i'm fine with amps for now, my behringer can go Extremely loud, and has all sorts of other effects, although slowly i will aquire proper pedal effects.

I have a feeling you might get some conflicting ideas on that point.
well, slowly i'm upgrading my gear, so i will get a tube amp, but for now i want a guitar, then ill save up for a better amp
Quote by p00
well, slowly i'm upgrading my gear, so i will get a tube amp, but for now i want a guitar, then ill save up for a better amp

You have $1500. You can do both. If you're a hobyist, you probably don't need a $1000 guitar. But what do I know?
Quote by p00

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

New amp> New guitar!!!

That is the "unwritten rule".

Buy the amp first - you will be highly surprised at how much your tone improves. You can make a crappy guitar sound decent through nice amp. If you play a nice guitar through a crappy amp... well you will have horrible tone and there is nothing you can do to fix it.

New amp now, new guitar later!
Quote by p00

Someones going to tell you amp comes first.
Theres some decent practice tube amps
ie Black Heart little giant half stack

But it looks like you need a.. Parker Nitefly M or Mojo
It'd be happy with just a Parker P-42 haha