I got a computer for Christmas this year. (Compaq Presario SR5250NX) and it as perfectly fine besides Vista until.....it would randomly beep whenever I pressed any key with no pattern. Now the beeping is much worse and has spread to mouse clicks and it's really ****ing annoying and I can't play my damn Pokemans with this constant beeping! I come to The Pit for a remedy.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Well don't press that darn Any key.
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
Get a new keyboard and mouse.
Quote by juan Andrés

Sorry awful Anglish.
You play Pokemans on the computer?
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by Fishyesque
Well don't press that darn Any key.

When I press ANY key not THE Any key....silly goose, 'the' makes a big difference.

EDIT: I got a Gameboy emulator......I need new stuff anyway...
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
I got a computer for Christmas this year. (Compaq Presario SR5250NX) and it as perfectly fine besides Vista until.....it would randomly beep whenever I pressed any key with no pattern. Now the beeping is much worse and has spread to mouse clicks and it's really ****ing annoying and I can't play my damn Pokemans with this constant beeping! I come to The Pit for a remedy.
Problem Solved!

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Become an hero.

But seriously, you have probably done something wrong somewhere.
Also Vista is actually quite good if you now how to tweak it (for starters you should disable UAC, google it). Apart from that you can google your problem and see what you find.
Sworn enemy of the private investigator.
Quote by BladeSlinger
When I press ANY key not THE Any key....silly goose, 'the' makes a big difference.

Yeessshhh.

Perhaps try another keyboard? That doesn't sound like too common of a problem.
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Problem Solved!

Genius!....but then I can't hear my music and I hate using headphones unless absolutely necessary.....
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Sheepdragon
Become A hero.

But seriously, you have probably done something wrong somewhere.
Also Vista is actually quite good if you now how to tweak it (for starters you should disable UAC, google it). Apart from that you can google your problem and see what you find.

fix'd

is sticky keys on or something?
New Playlist On My Profile

Quote by chll
i think she's a horny type girl

cuz 1 tym io remember she asked me to kiss her
Quote by BFMVrrule
fix'd

is sticky keys on or something?

Nope, I checked sticky keys....I might go steal my mom's keyboard and try it out.....and Vista ok but it's retarded most of the time.....I've disabled most of it but it still frustrates me how none of my games work and such....and I already had UAC off.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
I already had UAC off.

Then you are 1/2 away from making Vista actually better than XP. I don't remember what to disable, but it will make it run a lot better.

EDIT:
Quote by BFMVrrule
fix'd

Nope, you didn't. I think "lurk moar" would be in order here.
Becoming a hero and becoming an hero are two very different things.
Sworn enemy of the private investigator.
Well, beeping occurs when the Keyboard Buffer is overloaded, so its probably just a key that is stuck down.
Quote by iceman_8319

I've been Googling for the answer for a few days so I'm surprised I didn't find this. but I would like to say THANK YOU! It was driving insane
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Start > Control Panel > Device Manager > Non-Plug & Play Drivers > Right-click Beep > Uninstall.

Edit: Oh well, beaten to it
Last edited by ChrisN at May 22, 2008,
What I want to know is- how are you playing pokemon on a computer?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices