I have tried everything. My game worked fine, and then one day I started it and it said that I needed to put the disk in. The disk is obviously in the drive. So I reinstalled the game, and it installed fine, so the disk works. But when I go to play it I get the same error message.

I have googled many things but cannt find a fix. Anyone please help...cookies are to be had. Thanks.
UG MISSILE BASE
Fight for the cause!

Quote by RMC06
Donkeyman2341, you are my new god!
Ok, a couple things. First, you should post gaming related things in the Gaming
thread.

Second, I'm not quite sure how to help. That, and most of the gamers here are not online right now.

Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
Please ensure Battlefield 2142 Install Disc is in the drive, select OK and restart the application.
UG MISSILE BASE
Fight for the cause!

Quote by RMC06
Have you recently installed any specific programs?
Daemon tools and other virtual disc applications are known to conflict with a lot of games' copy protection. Nero and a select few anti-virus applications may also be the cause.
Sworn enemy of the private investigator.
Its not a problem with the drive or with the disc, judging from the fact that your able to read off the disk to install it. The idea i'm having is that it could be the file that gives the drive the instructions on how to read the disk, or, that particular file on the disk is corrupted

Solution? Re-install your OS, if that dosn't work

I've no ****ing idea
Download a crack, since you (probably) bought the game legally.
more sig required.
Ok I was having problems with punkbuster before all of this, and I updated the punkbuster files. And ever since then I have had this problem. But I did do a clean install of the game and made sure to manually delete everything in the registry releating to the game. I'm not gonna reinstall my OS anytime soon so its either back to BF2 or a crack.
UG MISSILE BASE
Fight for the cause!

Quote by RMC06
Quote by donkeyman2341
Ok I was having problems with punkbuster before all of this, and I updated the punkbuster files. And ever since then I have had this problem. But I did do a clean install of the game and made sure to manually delete everything in the registry releating to the game. I'm not gonna reinstall my OS anytime soon so its either back to BF2 or a crack.

Punkbuster is separate from the game, so you must find it elsewhere.
Sworn enemy of the private investigator.
feck i figured it out. thanks to sheepdragon who got my mind thinking about the new software I have installed recently. i wont say what program to protect the innocent, but it works now, so thank you sooooo much all. and as promised

UG MISSILE BASE
Fight for the cause!

Quote by RMC06