i got a jackson dk2, i find the neck quite bulky, i prefer my ibanez neck so i guess im into thinner necks.

just came to mind, rather that say buyin a new guitar, i could replace the neck, seein as its bolt on.

can this be done for a dk2? i dunno about the measurements in the heel and **** so not sure if it can be done, any help greatly appreciated

also plz provide links if possible
Gear:
Jackson DK2 Trans Black

Peavey 6505
Marshall 1960AV
it wont work coz the holes are in differnt places. i would just sell the dk2 if you dont like the neck. but i dont think the neck is bulky, so sell it for a rg1570 prestige or somthing
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
Quote by hans the lefty
it wont work coz the holes are in differnt places. i would just sell the dk2 if you dont like the neck. but i dont think the neck is bulky, so sell it for a rg1570 prestige or somthing

There is a thing called. Drill new holes!

Or you could just sand it down.

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Last edited by KISSguitarist at May 22, 2008,
yes i know but the heel of the neck is totally different from the jackson body
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
i think it can be done.
most likely not without some routing, sanding, drilling, patching and/or filling
You can NOT put an AANJ on without major mods. I'm not sure if it's even possible. Look for an older Jackson neck from the eaarly 90's Pro era. A lot thinner than current ones. OR learn how to play on something other than a paper clip