I found an Ibanez PGM at a Norwegian auction today. I don't know for sure which PGM it is. I believe it's a PGM 30, but it might also be a PGM 300.

Auction link
"Ibanez PGM (Paul Gilbert Signature). This guitar is equipped with two awesome Seymour Duncan pickups, and an Ibanez Single Coil pickup. It has a real Floyd Rose Tremolo system, not the new kind that breaks, but the good old. There are some chips on the guitar, but you forget this when you start playing it. Fast neck and a good guitar."
This is what the ad says in english.
He also says that he bought it for $2376 new in NOK. The price difference is huge in Norway compared to the US, so it's hard for me to tell you what the guitar would have cost in the US.

Ibanez PGM 30

Ibanez PGM 300

The biggest difference between 30 and 300 is on the pickups I suppose. So I was wondering how much it's worth. I can't find any price anywhere. On ebay I found a PGM 301 priced at $1100. So what do you think?
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
It's not a PGM300, given the lack of a maple fretboard and the pickup rings.

Also, the PGM30 and the PGM3 (could be either) are the budget models that come with Ibanez stock pickups and a cheap LFR.

So either this guy swapped out the trem and the pickups, or he's wrong.

It's most likely a PGM30; the main difference between the 30 and the 300 is in the pickups and the fact that the 300 was a Japanese made Prestige.

There is one exception though: the 2004 (I'm pretty confident it was 2004) PGM30's were made in Japan and have a nice tremolo.

If it's a 2004 model, it's a nice guitar, but otherwise I'd think twice about it.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Ok, thanks for the help! I'll try to contact him and ask when it was made, and where it was bought. I have tried contacting him before, but didn't get any answer.
C4C
(or in my profile!)

Last edited by BlisteringDDj at May 22, 2008,
"Hi, I am the second owner of this guitar, so I'm not quite sure about all the details, but I believe it's a PGM 300. It was bought new in 2001, so it's probably a 2000-2001 model. Serial nr: f0011355, Japan. The guitar could use some "maintenance", new springs and strings will probably do the trick. Price can be discussed."

This is the answer I got from the dude... So the guitar is from 2001, but it's still Japan made. Looks like this might be a PGM 300 after all. Any thoughts?
C4C
(or in my profile!)

Quote by BlisteringDDj
"Hi, I am the second owner of this guitar, so I'm not quite sure about all the details, but I believe it's a PGM 300. It was bought new in 2001, so it's probably a 2000-2001 model. Serial nr: f0011355, Japan. The guitar could use some "maintenance", new springs and strings will probably do the trick. Price can be discussed."

This is the answer I got from the dude... So the guitar is from 2001, but it's still Japan made. Looks like this might be a PGM 300 after all. Any thoughts?

The 300 has no pickup rings and most importantly a maple fretboard.

Hmmmm....

Well, F does indicate Fujigen, so I guess it's Japanese then....
Quote by Bonsaischaap
The 300 has no pickup rings and most importantly a maple fretboard.

Hmmmm....

Well, F does indicate Fujigen, so I guess it's Japanese then....

they might have changed the model slightly since then.
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
Quote by jigy-i-joe
they might have changed the model slightly since then.

Sorry for my slightly inaccurate ealier post, allow me to correct myself:

The PGM300: these were Japanese made, had a maple fretboard, came stock with DiMarzio pickups, had no pickup rings and were equipped with a trem. When Gilbert stopped using his tremolo, this model was updated to the PGM301, which is similar in spec except with a hardtail bridge.

The PGM30: these were made both in Korea and in Japan (the one you're looking at is Japanese). The best ones are from 2003 (not 2004, my bad ) because they have a better trem. They came with stock Ibanez pickups, pickup rings and a rosewood fingerboard.

Both of these guitars are no longer made, although the PGM30 for some reason appeared on the Ibanez site again earlier this year (after NAMM).
If I can lower the price alot, is it worth it? It has Duncan Seymour pickups, which is cool, and the tremolo isn't as bad as the Edge III... The fact that it is not maple is a turn off though, 'cause I really want a maple fretboard. I really want a PGM too, but I want one with Floyd Rose, not a hardtail bridge. So I guess this is the way to go if I want one. Hehe
Or should I go for a Jackson KE3 Kelly instead? ^^
C4C
(or in my profile!)