hey all

im just wondering, ive been getting contacts for the last few years, but i had -1.00 contacts. yesterday they gave me -1.25 contacts. should it make much of a difference?
Co-Founder of the Jackson RR24 club. pm me or i buy peace for details

Jackson JS30RR Rhoads flying v
Richwood semi-acoustic
Soon to be customised Jackson Soloist copy
Roland Micro Cube
Roland Cube 60 (LOUD!!)
Zoom 505II effects pedal
What's stopping you from taking them on and seeing for yourself?
I'm a communist. Really.
if you didn't get the same perscription, maybe your eyes are getting worse? it will just be really, really clear i'd imagine.

Lol, i'm a -6.00 and -6.50.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
0.25 of a number wont make a hysterical difference, but you should check why did they give you this number. maybe your number changed?
btw i'm about 6 too
strat player forever.
yeah ive had them in for a few minutes but ive a splitting headache from them!
Co-Founder of the Jackson RR24 club. pm me or i buy peace for details

Jackson JS30RR Rhoads flying v
Richwood semi-acoustic
Soon to be customised Jackson Soloist copy
Roland Micro Cube
Roland Cube 60 (LOUD!!)
Zoom 505II effects pedal
hahaha I win! I'm 8.5!

waaaait a minute... that's not good

... maybe the headaches just from adjustment... if it doesn't get better i suggest you go back to your optician...
i waer daily -1.5
GEAR:
PRS CU22 10 top with #10
Gibson lp studio (fireburst)
MIA 06' fender strat sss

Orange rockerverb 50 c

morley rotating speaker '62
" pro wah
mxr flanger '73
line 6 dl4 x2, fm4, dm4
mi audio tube zone
love pedal karl fuzz
Quote by polaris6630
hey all

im just wondering, ive been getting contacts for the last few years, but i had -1.00 contacts. yesterday they gave me -1.25 contacts. should it make much of a difference?

A quarter diopter difference is just the next tiny step up.
all glasses and contacts prescriptions go by increments of .25

I kind of surprised that you do have a splitting headache from this. It could mean you were overcorrected, but its probably your eyes trying to adjust to the new perscription.

Iceman Edit: That is actually a very mild perscription.

I've seen as worse as -16.00 needless to say, contacts were a must, and their glasses could probably double as an anchor.

Quote by InkJunkie
hahaha I win! I'm 8.5!

That's probably your base curve, silly goose (assuming there's no plus or minus in front of that number)
Last edited by iceman_8319 at May 22, 2008,
Can wearing contacts everyday damage your eyes?? I hate wearing glasses and I wann convince my parents to let me get more contacts
Quote by iceman_8319

I've seen as worse as -16.00 needless to say, contacts were a must, and their glasses could probably double as an anchor.

Funny how it only goes up to about -9.0 then you are registered as BLIND
Quote by the1
Can wearing contacts everyday damage your eyes?? I hate wearing glasses and I wann convince my parents to let me get more contacts

No, you should only keep them in for about 8-12 hours though. I wear a brand every day that means you can keep them in for up to 16 I think, which is pretty good. You can buy gas permeable ones that you wear all the time, but they're hard to get used to.

The only danger is, when you wear them for too long, they start cutting off oxygen to your eyes which leads to the veins in your eyeballs growing closer to the centre of your eye. Your optician will tell you that this isn't a big risk, however, and as long as you give your eyes a rest from them then you've nothing to worry about

If I'm staying in the house all day I wear glasses to give my eyes a break. I've been down to the shops in them before, but I'd never go out out in them because they make me pretty self-conscious. I totally get what you mean about hating to wear them. It feels weird especially after you've had contacts in.

I'm -3.50 in both eyes, I thought that was bad. It still makes me feel practically blind since I can't make out people's faces until they're right in front of me!