I'm pretty sure I regret getting my second guitar (ouch). I went to Guitar Center looking for a mexi-strat because I played my friend's and it was like magic compared to my **** starter guitar. I asked around and they were out of the MiM Stratocasters. Then the guy said he was "pretty sure" he had one in the back so he looked around. It took him about 15 minutes to find it. He brought it out and it turns out it was a "Fat Strat" and costed about $400 as opposed to my friend's $300 Strat. I saw down and played it. It felt right. But it looked really cheap because the plastic on the pick-guard was sort of "scabby" and the humbucker looked cheap. The salesperson told me the humbucker can give it a heavier and better sound.

Well, I wasn't 100% sure but I would have felt bad to tell him to put it away after spending 15 minutes trying to find it. I bought it and took it home. For the first month, I thought it was fine. But at one point I went back to my friend's house to try his Strat again, and his Stratocaster sounded MUCH better. Unlike my Fat Strat it had no string and fret buzz - and it just flat out sounded better. My Fat Strat sounds empty and stern compared to it. I don't know if it's all in my head or if I just got jipped. But either way, I'll be sure to only buy a guitar if I'm sure of it.

Has anyone else felt this way before about a guitar they bought?
a pro setup will help things ALOT. also, the sound difference may be that you just like single coils more than that humbucker.

I bought a les paul copy once. it was by a company called "national" kind of an old beater but it played REALLY nice and sounded great.

but i just like the way my V sat in my lap better and so it was pretty much neglected. i regretted spending money on something that turned into furniture so i sold it for cheap.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
i just found out that i could of got a jackson dinky with the money i spent on my epi sg
Got a les paul copy (With the brand scrubbed off!) from cash convertors, it looked well built and everything thought i could tinker with it and it would be ok. Wrong! The action at its lowest was way to high! Cheap pickups! He said it was an epiphone! hah! Took it back he wouldn't give my money back. Big mistake.
Other Bands Play...
Manowar Kill!
I now sort of regret every guitar I've bought since my very first guitar. I've basically spent several hundred on different guitars (archtop, Strat, super-Strat, a bass guitar, etc), just to discover that I don't like those other styles.

On the other hand, if I hadn't bought these guitars then I still wouldn't know if other styles were suitable for me or not, so at least this way when I buy guitars in future, I have a good understanding of all the different kinds of guitars there are and what is most suitable for me.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Regretted my Epi SG-400 at first because it didn't feel "right" compared to my older guitar. After having it for a few months and getting used to it, it's the other way around.
Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves.
Quote by t1337Dude
I'm pretty sure I regret getting my second guitar (ouch). I went to Guitar Center looking for a mexi-strat because I played my friend's and it was like magic compared to my **** starter guitar. I asked around and they were out of the MiM Stratocasters. Then the guy said he was "pretty sure" he had one in the back so he looked around. It took him about 15 minutes to find it. He brought it out and it turns out it was a "Fat Strat" and costed about $400 as opposed to my friend's $300 Strat. I saw down and played it. It felt right. But it looked really cheap because the plastic on the pick-guard was sort of "scabby" and the humbucker looked cheap. The salesperson told me the humbucker can give it a heavier and better sound.

Well, I wasn't 100% sure but I would have felt bad to tell him to put it away after spending 15 minutes trying to find it. I bought it and took it home. For the first month, I thought it was fine. But at one point I went back to my friend's house to try his Strat again, and his Stratocaster sounded MUCH better. Unlike my Fat Strat it had no string and fret buzz - and it just flat out sounded better. My Fat Strat sounds empty and stern compared to it. I don't know if it's all in my head or if I just got jipped. But either way, I'll be sure to only buy a guitar if I'm sure of it.

Has anyone else felt this way before about a guitar they bought?

Maybe you had a ****tier amp?
Quote by Surak
Regretted my Epi SG-400 at first because it didn't feel "right" compared to my older guitar. After having it for a few months and getting used to it, it's the other way around.
Same kinda thing. Played Strats/Teles for years and then got a Les Paul type thingymabober. Bridge felt like it stuck out of the body 6 foot, couldn't palm mute, it was strange. So I hated it at first, but now it's the poop.
These go to eleven...