Yeah, any Jackson DK2m owners, I need help!!

I'm thinking of buying a DK2m, as my hands are small and my Epiphones uncomfortable to me.
But anyway, I was wondering if anyone could take a side on picture of the neck for me please for reference on thinness compared to the LP.

Also, If I do purchase this guitar, should I get black, white, or Transparent black as the colour?

Cheers!
Signatures are overrated.
trans black is pretty ****in sweet dude, what i got

gimmea few mins ill get a pic for ya
Gear:
Jackson DK2 Trans Black

Peavey 6505
Marshall 1960AV
ah **** cant get pic, remembered phones ****ed up, sorry

but anyway lol go for it theyr pretty good
Gear:
Jackson DK2 Trans Black

Peavey 6505
Marshall 1960AV
From my experience of playing epi's, the neck on the dk2m is alot 'faster'. It also feels slimmer too, but not too much. I think the only way is to try one really. Its a killer guitar though, pups supply a nice gary moore-esque blues tone to a crunchy sort of classic rock / metal. Anyway heres some pics.

Thanks mate!!

Moedit: How do the necks compare to lets say, an ESP LTD M series guitar?
Quote by Moe.
Thanks mate!!

Moedit: How do the necks compare to lets say, an ESP LTD M series guitar?

I havent played them side by side, but Im not really a big fan of ESP necks in general. The Jacksons neck is ultra thin and the upper fret access is great. Its a really really good guitar. Im going to probably switch the pickups soon though.
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
Damn.
Well thanks anyway!

Main reason for asking all this is that I need to order the guitar online, and can't try it before hand.
Is there no way to try out in store? Take a day out just to a guitar shop with a good selection and be an informed buyer as opposed to chancing it online!
No stores close by stock them regularly.
Can't possibly ask them to order it in so you can inspect it in person? Tell them you can get it for xxx price from the net or something, haggle a lot.
No chance.
I'd be getting it for 600 online instead of 1300 here.
Quote by Moe.
No chance.
I'd be getting it for 600 online instead of 1300 here.

DK2M for 1300? Thats not right at all. I got mine for $450 after my friend at GC knocked the price tag down for me. It was $600 originally.
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
Try an Ibanez as well. They're are even faster, in my experience. Jacksons are waaay cooler though!
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
No thanks, don't like Ibanez'.

And Teh Forest King; Aussie prices man..
If anyone has pics of a transparent finish can you post them?

I see some that look pretty bleh like this one (doesnt even look like there's a maple top lol)http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-DK2-Dinky-Electric-Guitar?sku=511668

And stunning ones like this http://cgi.ebay.ca/Jackson-DK2-Dinky-New-Mint-Condition_W0QQitemZ250249453178QQihZ015QQcategoryZ33044QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
metalman, is the neck much thinner than an Epiphones?
Quote by DannnUK
From my experience of playing epi's, the neck on the dk2m is alot 'faster'. It also feels slimmer too, but not too much. I think the only way is to try one really. Its a killer guitar though, pups supply a nice gary moore-esque blues tone to a crunchy sort of classic rock / metal. Anyway heres some pics.

nice slime
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
The Jackson's have wider necks and a bit beefer necks than ESP/LTDs or Ibanez. Shcecter are bigger than both. I have medium-ish hand's and it's pretty comfy. They also have compound radius fretboards that really set them apart in feel. It's not like the USAs, but it is a nice feature indeed. The only risk you run is while they all play well, due to the fact the necks are hand shaped to some degree, there will be some variances (and there always were tbh). Some play as good as anything in the range. Others play above and beyond. Be sure to know the return policy well.
Hey Moe.

I'm a Les Paul player, and I went for the DK2M when I was looking for a superstrat. The neck is thinner, but equally it wont feel like it'll snap in your hand, which is the kind of feeling I got from Ibanez's

The neck is fast, and its not an unplayably-large distance from the 50s Les Paul neck I'm used to.

It's a lovely guitar, and for the price I really can't complain.
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
I've never played an epiphone. The only thing I could compare it to the neck on my Fender Standard Strat, it's a bit thinner than the fender. I'm sure it's thinner than the epiphone's.
Thanks guys!

Is there anyway I could shave the neck down some more to a bit of a smaller size?
Quote by Moe.
Thanks guys!

Is there anyway I could shave the neck down some more to a bit of a smaller size?

You won't want to once you try it.
Quote by metalman89
You won't want to once you try it.

Gotcha.
I've had a look around Egay, and there's not many ESP LTD's around that I like. I've been looking for a (new) M series ltd, obviously above the 400 series, but can't find any at all.
The Jackson's the only real good choice as of now. I'm just hoping the neck is thinner than my Epiphone.
Quote by Moe.
Gotcha.
I'm just hoping the neck is thinner than my Epiphone.

I seriously doubt it won't be. If it isn't you can make an insulting sig about me.
Quote by metalman89
I seriously doubt it won't be. If it isn't you can make an insulting sig about me.

Could you re-word that please? I'm tired and can't concentrate and find it hard to understand English right now.

And I'm not going to make an insulting sig. about you, you've been too helpful for that.
I have an Epi LP and my friend has a Jackson Dk2m, I can tell you his neck is a lot smoother feeling (probably due to the finish but I could be totally wrong, I'm no guitar tech) and definitely thinner. Real comfy guitar to play.
Yep, it's definitely thinner. I'm sure you'd love it

Also:

Quote by Moe.
Gotcha.
I've had a look around Egay.

That was either intentional, or an absolutely stunning typo
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
Quote by Inspired_by_Vai
Yep, it's definitely thinner. I'm sure you'd love it

Also:

That was either intentional, or an absolutely stunning typo

It was intentional.
And thanks for the input!
Quote by Moe.
Could you re-word that please? I'm tired and can't concentrate and find it hard to understand English right now.

It will be thinner than an Epiphone neck.
Quote by metalman89
It will be thinner than an Epiphone neck.

Thanks!
Also, thanks for all your help in this thread! I appreciate it.