Page 1 of 2
dunno if anyone has made one of these but meh.

DISCLAIMER: Parts of the plot may be revealed, if you dont want it ruined, please do not read on.

Ok, now was it just me, or did they completely butcher the ending. I enjoyed the first 2 hours of it, but when the "alien" thing and the dimensions came in to, i felt like crying. i've been a massive indy fan for a long time and well, this just basically destroyed my faith in the movies.

as one of my friends say "I think speilberg mixed up the scripts for Indiana Jones and E.T."

Discuss.
Quote by hug a llama
Dude, if a title read "penis pics, come on in" I think about 93% of UG would still click on it.

Quote by Burpin'Worm
Nonsense. I'm telling you, nothing makes the fairer sex swoon like an extensive knowledge of siege weaponry and medieval battle tactics.
I might go and watch it later on, An indy film is an indy film however by the sounds of things the whole alien thing might be a bit stupid. Oh well.
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
I thought the same. The ending seemed all too rushed and didn't flow as well as the other Indy movies' endings.

The movie, however, gave my lazy ass inspiration to start researching South American cultures and their mythologies. That is one area where I have no mythological knowledge in, and I am excited to start learning more about it.

There is a certain mystery, much more than any other civilizations, in the South American ones. So much is unknown about them.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Indiana Jones And The Legend Of The Mastodon Song
Call me Batman.
Ghost spirt things in the 1st, Voodoo in the 2nd, Jesus and the grail in the 3rd, alien's in the 4th.

Its not all that different. None have been proven to exist.
Quote by david9d5
You, my friend, win in epic proportions

Quote by sharpshootr55

Man... now I gotta clean my laptop screen.

Quote by ozzyismetal
^That has too much win for me to handle....
I think I need a glass of water and a nap.

Quote by Zangetsu 101
Ghost spirt things in the 1st, Voodoo in the 2nd, Jesus and the grail in the 3rd, alien's in the 4th.

yeah but there's something about aliens that's just like...less believable. Like, in the 1st 3 the things all revolve around some kind of religious belief, ark of the covanent, voodoo, jesus, aliens i guess is like scientology, but still, that's not a real religion and just people scamming money. Aliens also have this futuristic feel to them, while the others have that ancient feel towards them.

I dunno, it's just not the same
Quote by hug a llama
Dude, if a title read "penis pics, come on in" I think about 93% of UG would still click on it.

Quote by Burpin'Worm
Nonsense. I'm telling you, nothing makes the fairer sex swoon like an extensive knowledge of siege weaponry and medieval battle tactics.
Quote by Taylz24
yeah but there's something about aliens that's just like...less believable. Like, in the 1st 3 the things all revolve around some kind of religious belief, ark of the covanent, voodoo, jesus, aliens i guess is like scientology, but still, that's not a real religion and just people scamming money. Aliens also have this futuristic feel to them, while the others have that ancient feel towards them.

yea the others are more mythical, whereas aliens is like tacky sci-fi
Quote by Taylz24

*facepalm*
Quote by Retro Rocker
*facepalm*

edit: that's not a real religion, just people scamming money...actually that's every religion

better?

Quote by imthehitcher
yea the others are more mythical, whereas aliens is like tacky sci-fi

this guy has the right idea
Quote by hug a llama

Quote by Burpin'Worm
Quote by Taylz24

I don't normally indulge into internet arguments but what you stated was just stupied. Alien's have been mentioned as far back, even before Jesus and Voodoo. The skulls also. Nowadays its more sci-fi related. Just look at the pyamids, early astronomy, Stone Hendge, even Atlantis.

Less believable? So a guy walking on water, turning water into wine, resurection, voodoo and all that is more believable than other life in the Universe, advanced civilisations? Maybe it is, but why would that matter in a film.

Also as mindless as I see Scientology, it is a recognised religion.

Blah blah blah.....
Quote by david9d5

Quote by sharpshootr55

Quote by ozzyismetal

You don't have to be religious to believe in aliens. As has already been said, there's a lot of mystery surrounding South American civilisations. Maybe they had contact with aliens.
Rule number three: Never open the package

It's magic magic baby!

Yoink!
edit: that's not a real religion, just people scamming money...actually that's every religion

better

voodoo is a west african religion i believe, it was white chritians that spread myths about it to make people believe it wasn't a real religion to convert people, obviously it worked because you believe them
Quote by Taylz24

that's not a real religion, just people scamming money...actually that's every religion

Yup.
Quote by david9d5

Quote by sharpshootr55

Quote by ozzyismetal

Quote by Raziel2p
I haven't seen it, but it was awful!

you haven't seen it....but its awful? what?!

I wanna see it this weekend. I can't make up whether I like the alien bit or not. Guess I'll have to wait and find out.
You gonna bark all day little doggie?
Quote by Taylz24

better?

Aye, that be alright
Quote by Retro Rocker
*facepalm*

*mlapecaf*

Please read this if you think Scientology wasn't created for money, kthxbai

Scientology was only ever called a religion so they could get away with doing things a corporation couldn't.
8. It was determined that the only way to handle many of the legal matters in front of us
and still apply Hubbard’s policies that had to do with staff, ethics, sales of services,
money, delivery of services and the like was to develop and use a religious cloaking
saying scientology was a religion, its services religious, its staff members of religious
orders and the like. I can state without doubt that the overwhelming main reason that
organized scientology developed and pushed its religious cloaking was to avoid a myriad
of real or potential legal problems that would exist by following Hubbard’s policies if it
were not considered a religion. By developing this religious cloaking for organized
scientology it was hoped to avoid legal requirements around the world that might
otherwise have to be followed that would make it impossible to follow Hubbard’s
policies. In developing the religious cloaking for organized scientology, the following
were considered a few of the “benefits” so that Hubbard policies could be applied. There
are countless examples but the below are listed simply as a few of them:
(i) minimum wages would not have to be paid;
(ii) staff could be sent to different parts of the world and be able to stay locally as
religious workers;
(iii) standard employee rights, such as those found in laws like the Fair Labor
Standards Act, could be discarded and thus Hubbard policies involving such
things as ethics conditions, the Rehabilitation Project Force and the like could
be applied without outside interference;
(iv) less scrutiny would be allowed on the controls of the funds of scientology and
the intermingling of funds between the corporations and other legal fictions of
organized scientology;
(v) it was hoped that the treatment of public scientologists and the use of their
funds would be considered outside the purview of governmental bodies;
(vi) couching the demand for and flow of monies within organized scientology
using “religious” terms (such as by saying that clear cut mandatory payments
for services were “fixed donations” and were mandated by the scripture of
“exchange&rdquo was hoped to cut off attempts by governments and others to look
into them further;
(vii) what was considered one of the most important reasons for the religious
cloaking was so that the services of dianetics and scientology could be
delivered without it being considered the practice of psychology and/or
medicine. It was feared that unless there was a religious cloaking developed
and used throughout organized scientology that its practices would be
outlawed in many parts the world.
9. In order to perpetuate what amounts to a worldwide fraud through the religious
cloaking many things were done by the Guardians Office before Miscavige was involved
and later under Miscavige after he ran the functions once handled by the Guardian’s
Office. Again, these things were done so that Hubbard policies otherwise inconsistent
with the laws of the lands could be applied.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at May 22, 2008,
well, i haven't seen the movie yet, bus as long as they pull the aliens off well I can't see where the problem is.
Extraterrestrial myths are abundant around south american civilizations. And to be exact, aren't Jesus and God extraterrestrials as well?

As long as they didn't use the guy who came up with the aliens in "Signs" I'll probably like it.
I mean, come on... water??!!?! wtf
Quote by Zangetsu 101

Jesus has been proven time and time again to have existed. Whether or not he did all those amazing things or was the son of god... er. I'll leave that up to people who actually believe in god.

Either way, I want to see this movie. I love Indy movies, and I'll see this one no matter how stupid the ending is. Heck, stupid endings are entertaining, are they not?
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by mafropetee
Jesus has been proven time and time again to have existed. Whether or not he did all those amazing things or was the son of god... er. I'll leave that up to people who actually believe in god.

Either way, I want to see this movie. I love Indy movies, and I'll see this one no matter how stupid the ending is. Heck, stupid endings are entertaining, are they not?

Proof OGTFO!!!111zzz

I know Jesus existed/exists. The guy who ran the reception at the last hotel I was at was called Jesus.
Quote by david9d5

Quote by sharpshootr55

Quote by ozzyismetal

Quote by Zangetsu 101
Proof OGTFO!!!111zzz

I know Jesus existed/exists. The guy who ran the reception at the last hotel I was at was called Jesus.

I meant the Jesus referred to in the bible.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by mafropetee
I meant the Jesus referred to in the bible.

I know...

Still, give me your "proof".
Quote by david9d5

Quote by sharpshootr55

Quote by ozzyismetal

Back on topic, it was a fucking terrible movie. If I had paid for it, I wouldve been pissed. First off, Shia LeBeouf (sp?) as a greaser? Worst casting decision ever. Second, the cheesy sci fi thing just pissed me off. There was only one halfway decent action sequence and not only did it drag on for WAY too long, it was far too reminiscent of Star Wars.
I have nothing good to say about this movie.
You just have to remember how the 50's were to understand alot of the alien stuff.

Most of the 50's were dominated by two things. UFO's and Communism. To me, this was just like the other three. It's just that fanboys get so caught up in the older movies that they place them on some untouchable pedastal, making any additions blasphemous.

It's like eating whole chicken or fish, you gotta pick through the bones. I didn't find any, but I can see how people would.
I'M IN THE FIGHT TO CURE CYSTIC FIBROSIS...MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!

Quote by JustRooster
I'm a straight man, but I'd put that surfcaster right in my mouth.

Quote by JD2k9
Well, life is like a penis.
Women make it hard.
Also, it's short but seems long when it gets hard.
i think that if they used any of the plotlines from any of the old games, this movie would have been kickass. i still liked it, but the aliens took it down a notch for me.
Quote by Just_a_picker
You just have to remember how the 50's were to understand alot of the alien stuff.

Most of the 50's were dominated by two things. UFO's and Communism. To me, this was just like the other three. It's just that fanboys get so caught up in the older movies that they place them on some untouchable pedastal, making any additions blasphemous.

It's like eating whole chicken or fish, you gotta pick through the bones. I didn't find any, but I can see how people would.

Yeah that's pretty much how I feel about it, Lucas has stated several time's that they sort of needed to move towards a 50s B movie style thing because a 30's style action/adventure wouldn't work because of Harrison Fords age.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
i didnt like it, personally

but mayans, piramids, all that tecnology astronomy, i do believe they had "help", anyway
not theme for an indy movie, bad choice lol
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
aliens seemed to be a great twist for the past story lines......but it still could have been better i believe
Amen...Oh Wait....
Im Getting Dizzy....
My Bad.....
Yeah i know dude, i just went to see that today and it was pretty good until the end...which was pretty pathetic
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Jackson Performer PS4 (soon to be sold)
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC
Gear:
POD X3 Live
Boss ME-20
Marshall MG15DFX
M-Audio Fastrack Ultra
Boss DR660
Quote by whalepudding
*mlapecaf*

Please read this if you think Scientology wasn't created for money, kthxbai

Scientology was only ever called a religion so they could get away with doing things a corporation couldn't.
8. It was determined that the only way to handle many of the legal matters in front of us
and still apply Hubbard’s policies that had to do with staff, ethics, sales of services,
money, delivery of services and the like was to develop and use a religious cloaking
saying scientology was a religion, its services religious, its staff members of religious
orders and the like. I can state without doubt that the overwhelming main reason that
organized scientology developed and pushed its religious cloaking was to avoid a myriad
of real or potential legal problems that would exist by following Hubbard’s policies if it
were not considered a religion. By developing this religious cloaking for organized
scientology it was hoped to avoid legal requirements around the world that might
otherwise have to be followed that would make it impossible to follow Hubbard’s
policies. In developing the religious cloaking for organized scientology, the following
were considered a few of the “benefits” so that Hubbard policies could be applied. There
are countless examples but the below are listed simply as a few of them:
(i) minimum wages would not have to be paid;
(ii) staff could be sent to different parts of the world and be able to stay locally as
religious workers;
(iii) standard employee rights, such as those found in laws like the Fair Labor
Standards Act, could be discarded and thus Hubbard policies involving such
things as ethics conditions, the Rehabilitation Project Force and the like could
be applied without outside interference;
(iv) less scrutiny would be allowed on the controls of the funds of scientology and
the intermingling of funds between the corporations and other legal fictions of
organized scientology;
(v) it was hoped that the treatment of public scientologists and the use of their
funds would be considered outside the purview of governmental bodies;
(vi) couching the demand for and flow of monies within organized scientology
using “religious” terms (such as by saying that clear cut mandatory payments
for services were “fixed donations” and were mandated by the scripture of
“exchange&rdquo was hoped to cut off attempts by governments and others to look
into them further;
(vii) what was considered one of the most important reasons for the religious
cloaking was so that the services of dianetics and scientology could be
delivered without it being considered the practice of psychology and/or
medicine. It was feared that unless there was a religious cloaking developed
and used throughout organized scientology that its practices would be
outlawed in many parts the world.
9. In order to perpetuate what amounts to a worldwide fraud through the religious
cloaking many things were done by the Guardians Office before Miscavige was involved
and later under Miscavige after he ran the functions once handled by the Guardian’s
Office. Again, these things were done so that Hubbard policies otherwise inconsistent
with the laws of the lands could be applied.

this takes tl;dr to all new levels.

hevent seen the film yet, might see it at the weekend. cant decide whether i want to, as it might ruin my memories of the first ones
I was more disapointed with the beginning. The writing was just painful.

"Drop dead, I'm sorry Drop dead commrade"

Other than that is was decent.
oh thanks, now I'll end up trying to guess how the 'dimensions' happen.

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
i think the next one is called:
Indiana Jones and the Philosophers stone: Empire strikes back again.Episode X
Every form of control over another person is a crime

AEK Athens
Asteras Exarcheion
Prasini Thyella
Rayo Vallecano

RED MILITIA-Vamos a Vencer
Why does Lucas have to ruin another franchise!? I saw this last night and it was an absolute waste of time and money. Why must he kill fans like this? I like many others idolized Jones as a kid and was completely captivated by the movies as a kid, because of the interesting story, amazing action and violence, a little Historical stuff, and a little disbelief and over-the-top scenes. Then 18 years later these filthy rich sonuvabitch douchebags come in and say 'Hey lets make another one for the fans!' Worst idea ever. This film is completley unnecassary and adds nothing to the trilogy. It cant even be compared to the others. It was so sick watching this in the theaters I went out to go to the bathroom and have a cigarette, which if its a decent movie ill never do. And I even made small talk outside with complete strangers. Thats how uninterested I was in the film.
Now for some reasons why it sucked.
- CGI made this film like watching a cartoon or reading a comic book with visuals in your head. Unbelievably unnecassary.
- Worst story I've heard in a loooonnnnnnggg time. Aliens? Really?...
- It takes way too long to get into anything special.
- maybe one decent fight scene, chase scene. Come on, atleast give us that.
- ridiculous stunt scenes i dont even feel like typing.
- Cate Blanchett's character has to be the WORST villian I think I've ever seen, thats bad. Her performance is bad too.
- Shia was an okay sidekick, but they gave him bad lines and action scenes, so dissapointing.
Harrison Ford was about the only enjoyable thing in this film. And the funny thing is most of the fans hate it, they should, but the critics are giving it good reviews. I guess so people go see it. Don't see it. trust me the pain is'nt worth the money and time. Iv'e never been to movie where the crowd reception was really bad like this. At least if its a good comedy or action flick people will find it entertaining, but for this people walked out looking completely sad and dissapointed. And I walked out with my head down, almost embarrased that I was an Indy fan. I didn't think I would see this ever happen.
No it was class.

ALl of the films have had ridiculous plots and magic and ****. YOu're just being all silly cause it's new and has CGI, well BOO HOO

It was brilliant and indy was brilliant and i'm going to see it again
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by BassmasterGreg
So i get from the jist of this thread that it's not worth going to see.

I'm not sure about that, the first hour or so is class. There's a good opening, great motorcycle chase and good humour & acting all way through. ( Plus the Janitor from scrubs is in it!)

The main setpiece in the jungle is disappointing though. the car-fighting is kind of cool but its hard for things like the ants to seem dangerous when your brain has no doubt that they are CGI.

The really **** bit started as soon as they went in the temples antechamber however. I could have accepted the UFO's until it went all Indiana Jones and the close encounters of the third kind.
yet no one thought 'this is outrageous!' when the nazis were melted by the lost ark You picky picky people
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Page 1 of 2