My friend just turned me on to these guys (apparently he heard them in Urban Outfitters, but regardless), and they're great. He said they remind him of Neutral Milk Hotel, but I don't see that comparison other than in the instrumental tracks. I recommend taking a listen to "The Modern Leper."

http://www.myspace.com/frightenedrabbit
Frightened Rabbit are a great indie band as well as Bound Stems they are amazing!

Check out indiefeed.com if you want to find some top indie bands frightened rabbit is in there
they are actually pretty good, especially considering most of the garbage that has been coming out of the UK
I've been listening to them quite a bit recently. I really like them. I don't really see the link to Neutral Milk Hotel, but then again...no not really. But it's all good
Quote by lookingpastsky
My friend just turned me on to these guys (apparently he heard them in Urban Outfitters, but regardless)

Hah, I work there. Sweet.

Anyway. I saw them open for the French Kicks back in, like... June, I think? They were pretty good, but I haven't really looked into them any further than that.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.