hey all, ive got a epi LP custom which ive started using again, ive noticed however that the high e string is out of tune at the 12th fret, i know i have to adjust the brigde, but if its reading as being flat at the 12th does this mean i need 2 move the string holder bit further towards the neck of the guitar or towards the end (sorry about my lack of proper description).

Also theres a little bit of blueness on the frets, what can i use to get this off?

and finaly, im wanting to upgrate the pickups to the Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro that slash uses, i know they make a bridge and a neck model but can someone tell me if slash uses the B and N models or if he just has the bridge model in both possitions.

thanks alot
MAIN GUITARS:
PRS Single Cut Trem
Ibanez PGM-301
Rickenbacker 650D
Jackson RR5
Taylor 12 String acoustic
Yamaha RBX 5string bass
MAIN AMP:
Hughes And Kettner Trilogy w/ 4x12 HnK cab
SETTING INTONATION: from icepoint...
Most electric guitars provide individual string length adjustment for setting intonation. Fine tuning this length insures that your guitar plays in tune all the way up and down the neck.

Using an electronic tuner, tune your guitar to pitch.
One string at a time, play the harmonic at the 12th fret and then play the fretted 12th fret note.
If the fretted note is sharper than the harmonic, increase the string length slightly until both notes register the same on your tuner.
If the fretted note is flat compared to the harmonic shorten the string length slightly until both notes register the same on your tuner.
Repeat the procedure on all strings until the harmonic and the fretted notes are the same.

clean the fretboard with fretboard conditioner/cleaner.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i heard sumwhere that ur ment 2 run over the frets with steel wool, and u must cover up the wooden part of the fretboard
MAIN GUITARS:
PRS Single Cut Trem
Ibanez PGM-301
Rickenbacker 650D
Jackson RR5
Yamaha RBX 5string bass
MAIN AMP:
you can definately polish them up with 0000 steel wool, BUT dont flatten them.

ive seen guys mess up their frets that way.

frets.com has some nice tutorials.

cover the wood and cover ur pups or the metal shavings will stick to the pups magnets.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

thanks alot, great help. anything about the pickups?
MAIN GUITARS:
PRS Single Cut Trem
Ibanez PGM-301
Rickenbacker 650D
Jackson RR5
Yamaha RBX 5string bass
MAIN AMP:
not really. i like alnico II pups. i dont know if id do anything other than B and N tho.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62