Hello there, I am currently "working" in a music store. Actually i work about one third of the time and then i'm allowed to play guitar how much i want as there ain't no work to do most of the time. I've been trying a few different amps, but I can never seem to get comfortable with the sound i get.

I prefer my Roland Cube 30 amp over every amp I've played so far. I play it through an Ibanez RG 321 (Which i like a lot). Anyway Im looking for a combo amp of which can be used for Gigs (preferably tube). I play mostly rock and heavy metal (AC/DC GN'R, Metallica and Black Sabbath). I think I'd like it to be just a little similar to my Cube sound wise.

The price range's about 800 U.S dollars.

/Cheers
Get a 5150/6505. You will forget all about the cube. Go for head+cab used. Because the speakers in the combo arent superb.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
A 6505 isn't the best choice for that genre of music, I would probably look into a Marshall since all 4 of those bands used Marshall's... Laney's are another good choice... I would suggest a Mesa Mark IV but i've never heard classic rock on one so i couldnt really recommend it..
I also agree Marshall voiced is the way to go. Depending on your budget, you could get a JVM which covers all the bases, a Vintage Modern, or you could go with a used JCM800 and a Tubescreamer. Laney is solid as well. You may also want to consider an Orange or Splawn.
I've tried the Valveking 112, Marshall 521 and a Laney Lc30. None of them suited me=(
Quote by IbanezPsycho
A 6505 isn't the best choice for that genre of music, I would probably look into a Marshall since all 4 of those bands used Marshall's... Laney's are another good choice... I would suggest a Mesa Mark IV but i've never heard classic rock on one so i couldnt really recommend it..

Maybe its not voiced like those bands, but the amp is perfectly capable of doing this style of music. It has such a splendid crunch on the first channel to play ACDC with, and if you keep the gain between 3-4 on the second channel its pretty nice to play Metallica, GNR, Iron Maiden, etc...

Its an amp that can do alot of things imo.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at May 23, 2008,