Which one to choose ? I have heard, the pickups from synyster custom are muddy, and they cannot be splitted into single coil, like in hellraiser, is it true ?
Tone's subjective, but not many people seem to like the pickups on the Synyster Custom. And no, they can't be tapped like the Hellraiser.

Try them out side by side for yourself and see which you like better.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
i thought the coils could be split in the syn custom...they were at least in the one i tried at guitar center
get the hellraiser it is more versatile !!!!!! tonal possibilities can be improved adjusting ur amp
Unless someone had modified the guitar, they don't have that option stock. At least not on the 2008s.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by r4ster
Which one to choose ? I have heard, the pickups from synyster custom are muddy, and they cannot be splitted into single coil, like in hellraiser, is it true ?

No, a majority of Seymour Duncan pickups, including the Invader can be coil-split. The Synyster Custom probably just isn't wired with split coils.

Of the two choices, they are similar in design, build, feel and quality. However they have a different set of pickups. The Hellraiser makes up what the Synyster custom lacks in versatility. However, if you like the look of the Synyster Custom, you can always buy a new set of pickups for it (note: expect to spend considerably more money)
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Last edited by Bazilisck311 at May 22, 2008,
the synyster is ****ing ugly. Both are great guitars looking at the specs. Some people don't like Invaders and some don't like EMG's. I would try both.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
i have the syn custom and the pickups can be split with the push pull function like the hellraiser. i was in the same debate with myself awhile back. i chose the syn custom since i already had a c-1 model and wanted a different model.

the pickups are not as bad as everyone says. theyre pretty versatle especially with the split function, and it sounds very good with distortion. the invaders are probably the best passives you can get for metal. i have not really had any experience with actives so i cant really say anything about the emgs. i would suggest to try out both and whatever feels better for you.
Gear:
Schecter Synyster Custom
Schecter C-1 Elite
Crate GFX65
Korg Toneworks AX1500G pedal board
Morley Wah pedal
played both and while I liked the synyster, even my 07 Hellraiser w/o coil taps is more versatile. If you like the body style, look into the Avenger Hellraiser. The Hellraiser series is better quality in my opinion, and you get the awesome finish and inlays.