I've always wanted a flying V. They look awesome to me. My budget is $1000, and I want to get a good one.

I had the Jackson KVX10 King V in mind for $500

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Jackson-KVX10-X-King-V-Electric-Guitar-512235-i1147621.gc

Or the Dean VMNTX, which if I purchase I would change the pickups

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Dean-Dave-Mustaine-V-VMNTX-Signature-Electric-Guitar-515169-i1372105.gc

Or a better V. My problem is, I don't know whether to buy the Dean and change the pickups, or just buy the Jackson for the same price of the Dean + Fxing up the dean.

Halp
Gear:

2004 PRS Swamp Ash Special
Peavey Valveking 212
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Line 6 UX2
I have those Dimarzio's in my current Ibanez, neck-thru is nice but those pickups I dont favor, plus the Jackson is $ 100 less.
Gear:

Peavey Valveking 212
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Line 6 UX2
I was thinking about the VMNT-1, fortunately , I just found a music store in my town that sells deans and jacksons, and I'm going to go try them out.

Gear:

Peavey Valveking 212
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Line 6 UX2
The vmnt = the ltd v-500

Not much of a difference, the v-500 has emg81s where the mustaine has live wires, also the mustaine has a ebony/mahogany fretboard/neck and the ltd has rosewood/maple

I dont see why the 450 dollar difference.
Quote by Chaosinborn
The vmnt = the ltd v-500

Not much of a difference, the v-500 has emg81s where the mustaine has live wires, also the mustaine has a ebony/mahogany fretboard/neck and the ltd has rosewood/maple

I dont see why the 450 dollar difference.

That VMNT he linked is the crappy one with Basswood/Maple body/neck and Rosewood fretboard. Not the really nice mahogany and ebony. Or the livewires. And the neck is bolt-on instead of set.
The mustaine = fail. Please do not buy it.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Quote by chuckflan333
The mustaine = fail. Please do not buy it.

So you are suggesting the V-500 then?
Gear:

Peavey Valveking 212
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Line 6 UX2
I'd get the ESP.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
No one has said anything about the Jackson..
Gear:

Peavey Valveking 212
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Line 6 UX2
Quote by aeliustehman
So you are suggesting the V-500 then?

I like the Jackson, the V-500 isn't too much different than the Dean.
Gear

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

Epiphone Valve Jr.
I suppose I'll have to try them all on monday then.
Gear:

Peavey Valveking 212
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Line 6 UX2
That would be a good decision.
Gear

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

Epiphone Valve Jr.
IMO, you should wait for the Jackson Demmelition V. Looks brilliant spec-wise. Doesn't look too shabby either. Or, you could get a RR5.
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
Quote by fatboythin
IMO, you should wait for the Jackson Demmelition V. Looks brilliant spec-wise. Doesn't look too shabby either. Or, you could get a RR5.

Ewwww EMGs!!!

But here's the guitar he is talking about:

http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?ItemPos=34&TempID=5&DepartmentID=1&STRID=153738&CategorySubID=681&CategoryID=681&BrandID=1615&CategorySubPriceRangeID=0&pagesize=10&SortMethod=3&Method=3&PriceRangeID=0&SearchPhrase=&Contains=&Search_Type=Department&GroupCode=&categorysubsearch=true
Quote by Delanoir
That VMNT he linked is the crappy one with Basswood/Maple body/neck and Rosewood fretboard. Not the really nice mahogany and ebony. Or the livewires. And the neck is bolt-on instead of set.

I didnt actually look at the one he linked, i automatically thought of the actual one, not the dumbed down version one. So i was comparing the v-500 to the VMNT1 which is the 1200 dollar one as opposed to the v-500 being 700.
I've got the VMNT, and it totally kicks ass. I know you said Deans are not available locally but if you can you should see about checking it out, or research it a bit more at least before dismissing it. I would take it over a Razorback anyday, and I did have one of those for a while so I deffinately know my preference. Other than that I'd try to score a RR1 or RR24. I've wanted a V-500 too. It just seems like a no-nonsense all round kick butt V. I like the scoop in the top back of the body to fit against your gut, but I've wanted it with an ebony board. Turns out they have that now too with the Padgett model Yeah!!
Quote by DeanESPJackson
I've got the VMNT, and it totally kicks ass. I know you said Deans are not available locally but if you can you should see about checking it out, or research it a bit more at least before dismissing it. I would take it over a Razorback anyday, and I did have one of those for a while so I deffinately know my preference. Other than that I'd try to score a RR1 or RR24. I've wanted a V-500 too. It just seems like a no-nonsense all round kick butt V. I like the scoop in the top back of the body to fit against your gut, but I've wanted it with an ebony board. Turns out they have that now too with the Padgett model Yeah!!

Deans are available locally for me , but I've looked at some razorbacks like the 255 and I think that I'm going to compare the Razorback and the VMNT-1. You have the VMNT-1 right?
Gear:

Peavey Valveking 212
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Line 6 UX2
Oh, sorry, when I was typing I thought I remembered you saying deans weren't available. But anyways, that just shows I probably shouldn't be on here while I'm at work...??
Yeah, the VMNT1. The black one pictured at musicians friend is shown wrong. What they're showing (black model only) is the cheaper VMNT bolt-on so it looks like crap. The silver one is shown correctly though. I'll get a couple photos of it in my profile asap that you can see.