Page 1 of 4
In the last half hour there's been between two and four bombings in Exeter, UK. I don't know if it's on the news yet but it's f*cking worrying. I'm a student at 'uni here and we've just had an email from the university telling us to be vigilant and to stay out of town.

Bombs have either been detonated or discovered in a restaurant, BHS, WHSmith's and on the highstreet. This is NOT good.

I can hear the sirens from my house and I pray to God that no-one I know has been caught up in it and that none go off on campus.

Sh*t.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
What? Christ.

/me rushes to check the BBC news page

I hope there aren't any casualties.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
bloody terrorists! keep us updated.

should be breaking news if something like this happens.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
On the plus side, clearly the word's got out pretty quickly and evacuation is already beginning. I think it's amazing how quickly our emergency services react in this sort of situation, it's probably really keeping the number of casualties as low as possible.

EDIT: Sorry if this sounds insensitive, I'm trying to be positive really. My first reaction was still "Oh shit".
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by dangorironhide
I just heard about the one in the restaurant earlier, on the BBC news site.

If it is a serious terrorist attack, why exeter? You'd think they'd go for central London.

Princesshay is a huge multi-million pound project, and it's really good for retail, and why would someone/people attack an obvious place where police and terror squads would be more vigilant? I hope my bro is ok
NOPE.
Mum has a friend working in town today and apparently it was a nail bomb, it isn't verified though... Are you sure there have been bombs found on Highstreet, BHS and WHSmith?
NOPE.
Keep your heads down guys.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jehuty
If this is really a terrorist attack, why isn't it all over the news yet?

It's pretty recent. To co-ordinate a proper news report takes time. It'll probably be everywhere in the next hour or so.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
beep are we under attack again?> not being racist but we need to kick the beepers out who do this or burn them alive or something horrible so they think beep that were not beeping with these guys again.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/7414942.stm its true :O
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Last edited by rancidryan at May 22, 2008,

My GF has family in Exeter.

I hope people are taking care.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
There's only the initial bomb being reported at the moment? Christ, I hope it's not too bad.
Jesus Christ.

Anyone taken responsibility yet? It doesn't usually take long for some terrorist cell to announce some kind of responsibility.

At least it sounds like it's minimal casualties and damage. Let's hope this is all, a one off thing.

Hope everyone in Exeter is ok, you're in my thoughts
Quote by break-me-in
It's pretty recent. To co-ordinate a proper news report takes time. It'll probably be everywhere in the next hour or so.

Ok, can understand that.

I hope things'll be alright.
Fucking hell - who would target Devon? Better make some phone calls I guess.
**** my mate just moved to Exeter last week
and Central London has too high of a security presence at the moment. Smaller towns would be easier to **** up,basically.

I hope the casualties aren't too many
The reason they won't always attack major cities is because they want everybody to be scared. Terrorism tries to scare people (hence the name) and if you only ever attack major cities then people elsewhere think that they're safe.

I hope there are a few casualties as possible, and the government doesn't use this as another excuse to trash civil liberties for security (I'm not trying to turn this into a political debate, I'm just worried that this will happen as it is a direct result of the increase in terrorism in recent years).

I wish your relatives/friends in Exeter luck, let's hope they're alright.
To everyone concerned about family and friends in the area, so far it sounds as though the response has been pretty quick and casualties minimal (if there are any at all). Keep hope.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Well news reports so far say one person was injured and that's it.
****, that's pretty scary... I hope everyone's alright
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
Quote by smb
Well news reports so far say one person was injured and that's it.

I think there has been more since the initial bomb though.
Quote by blynd_snyper
The reason they won't always attack major cities is because they want everybody to be scared. Terrorism tries to scare people (hence the name) and if you only ever attack major cities then people elsewhere think that they're safe.

That's true, but Exeter seems a little too random. Plus if you look at terror attacks in the past (9/11, 11/7), its always been key components of major cities.
In this case, the explosion was only in a restaurant in a shopping centre, in some small town. I doubt its terrorists.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
so there definately has been more explosions now?

i doubt its an attack, but i couldnt think of what else it could be if there are multiple explosions going off..
Page 1 of 4