Firstly, I'm a noob. Please, take it easy on me. I have only played for about 9 months.

Ok, well... I learned "Before I Forget" by Slipknot early on in guitar playing. Well, now... I have it down pretty well, so... I'm starting to nitpick at my own performance to try and correct little things here and there to sound more and more like Slipknot. Well... I noticed, my intro sounds all f*cked up. I'm playing:

C#-------------------
G#------------------------------
E--------------------------------
B-----0--2-----0--2------3-2--
F#---0--2--0--0--2--0--3-2--
B-----0--2--0--0--2--0--3-2--

The above are GP4 tabs straight from here at UG. Problem is... It doesn't sound like them, exactly. Obviously, I don't have the necessary gear to get an exact Slipknot-level of distortion and that perfect tone, but... This just sounds off. It sounds dull in comparison. Honestly, this:

C#---------------------
G#-------------------------------
E----------------------------------
B----------------------------------
F#--0h2-0h2-0h2-0h2--3-2--
B----0h2-0h2-0h2-0h2--3-2--

Sounds a little closer, but... There's too many chords played in that. So... Any tips?

Also, I'm not sure whether Slipknot uses 6 or 7 string guitars, but I only have a 6
Is you guitar even in the right tuning compared to the difference in tuning on their guitars ? Are you trying to play that in standard ?
Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
Are you trying to play that in standard ?

Of course not, dude. I have tried it in Standard before... Less than entertaining. And, yes... My guitar is tuned to Drop B (as shown in the tabs in my first post)
i have no idea how to play or even how that song goes but you can check http://www.gprotab.net/ if you want to check other guitar pro tabs

also have you checked the power tab or regular tabs, they could be more correct?
(power tab is free to download if you dont have it)
Quote by Dance_of_Death
i have no idea how to play or even how that song goes but you can check http://www.gprotab.net/ if you want to check other guitar pro tabs

also have you checked the power tab or regular tabs, they could be more correct?
(power tab is free to download if you dont have it)

thx for that link i found songs that aren't on u-g
I agree, thanks for that link. Btw, yes, I have powertab, I just don't like it so much. I can look into some powertabs I guess...