I want to have the EMG HZ's changed in my Schecter because I really want to make the bitch scream now that I have a better amp.

I think I'll only want to have the bridge pickup changed since I basically never use the neck pickup. Might as well save a few extra dollars.

I'm thinking of an EMG 707 to really get a good low end ballsy metal tone.
Would anyone recommend something better than this or should I go with an EMG?
And will i have to replace both, or could I just do the bridge?
gear

Epiphone SG-400
Agile AL-3100
Schecter Damien-7 (EMG 707 swap)
Peavey JSX Head
Peavey 412 Cab
Boss GT-10
Yamaha FG720S Acoustic
Last edited by Demonazzz at May 22, 2008,
i thought bridge was treble???
"Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes"

"Like a blind man at an orgy, I was going to have to feel my way through"

The 707s are great
Quote by Dog454
Zakk Wylde is a Viking, and history has proven that you cannot own Vikings, it's impossible.

POKER..UG
As your 7 is routed for EMG sized pickups it only leaves you with either 707's, 81-7's or Duncan Phase II blackouts, my vote goes for blackouts.

You could just disconnect the neck and use it for a killswitch type effect or you could go ahead and replace it with another EMG or Duncan, it is reasonably hard to mix wire both passives and actives.
Last edited by hmmm_de_hum at May 22, 2008,
Are the Blackouts better than EMG's for the playing the br00talz?
Everyone seems to like them.
gear

Epiphone SG-400
Agile AL-3100
Peavey JSX Head
Peavey 412 Cab
Boss GT-10
Yamaha FG720S Acoustic
I have EMG 707's they're great. Just out of curiousity why don't you use the neck pickup.....i ONLY use the neck pickup for solos.....

I would look into passives such as Dimarzios, they'll sound more natural than actives.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
I dont use the neck pickup because i think my hardware is a little screwy. Sometimes when I change the pickup I'm using, the sound kinda cuts out and I have to flick around the switch a bit for things to go back to normal. A little annoying, but everything is fine.
gear

Epiphone SG-400
Agile AL-3100
Peavey JSX Head
Peavey 412 Cab
Boss GT-10
Yamaha FG720S Acoustic
I'm not familiar with Blackouts as far as how they handle solos but I do know they will definitely handle teh brutalz just nicely, try searching it up on youtube and see if you like them.