follow on from http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=865393.

okay so i took the guitar back to the store where i recieved the so called "set-up"and he basically told me that it couldnt be fixed and that because i bought it online im screwed. He babbled on about the possible causes and ways to fix it but didnt really try any of them, just said that i should take it to a professional (then what the hell is he?). i essetially paid £30 to have som1 change my strings (which didnt need changing anyway!). so im left with a buzzing guitar and an empty wallet, im seriously gutted.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
i had a problem like this before, you said it sounded as if it was coming from the neck?
that can sometimes be loose tuning pegs
Its seems to be the truss rod. Neck seems to be too straight, causing the strings to hit off the frets.

Its a pretty simple job, too bad that lazy sob wouldnt do it. Take it to someone else, and give that guy a bad review.
yeh i will try and take it to someone else, its like he was just saying that you cant hear it through the amp very much so it doesnt matter, but i explained that i play through a micro cube and so i can hear it over the amp and i can feel it happening as well which is very of putting but he didnt seem to understand. If i had more balls i would go back and demand a refund but i most likely wont, im such a pussy lol. what makes it worse is that it now had scratches on it as well which i never did, im really annoyed.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Quote by False_God
Its seems to be the truss rod. Neck seems to be too straight, causing the strings to hit off the frets.

Its a pretty simple job, too bad that lazy sob wouldnt do it. Take it to someone else, and give that guy a bad review.

well he kept saying that the neck was really perfrectly straight which was perfect as it meant the action was nice and low and easy to play and that changing the nut or adjusting it would make it hard to play
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
yeh i feel that its either the nut needs replacing or the truss rod need tweaking which i told the guy but he said that changing them would make the guitar hard to play, to be honest i feel that he was being lazy and was quite incompetent and so just gave me excuses, im going to try and wait till monday and have my friend take it to where he gets his guitar set up and see if they do a better job at it. But i might try and read up and do it myself, depends how daring i feel really.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube