Recently I bought a EX50 Which I've discovered to be very Neck heavy, I try to play standing up using my current strap, a crappy, smooth material type strap, and this makes it virtually impossible As it always slides down to the neck. This also makes it harder to play sitting down also, with a strap, because It always slides down off my knee towards the floor, and it then causes me to have to grab the Guitar neck as I play, and that's impossible, pretty much.

Anyone here that can recommend a Comfortable strap that can solve this problem? I heard of some kind of strap that rubs against your back and that supports it from falling down. but I'm not sure.

Thanks in advance.
ΙΓΘΝζΑ
か゚つてへこ
Go to your local guitar store and bring your guitar.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I've got a strap from 'gaucho' it works pretty good.
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Anyone from the UK that can recommend me a strap?

That first strap in the link you showed me is awesome Stangconv, but I live in London
ΙΓΘΝζΑ
か゚つてへこ
Quote by Ironza
Anyone from the UK that can recommend me a strap?

That first strap in the link you showed me is awesome Stangconv, but I live in London

Emal them for a shipping quote... They are like 1/2 price of a comparable Levys leather it may be worth it.

They are handmade too
Some kind of leather strap, I use a Levy strap I believe on my SG and it holds it up fine since it's soft suedeand clings to your clothes.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at May 22, 2008,
As long as it has some suede on the inside, not just slippery leather or plastic you'll be fine. You need something to stick to your clothes/skin.
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
Quote by GoDrex
I'm telling you a strap isn't going to help - get rid of that guitar. It will become an albatross around your neck.

Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Well, I only had it delivered to my house yesterday, I can't just send it back, lol.

It's only a slight problem with the strap. It's just my current one isnt really giving good grippage and Comfortability, which causes the neck to droop down a bit. It dosent really extend that well either, so It's not properly sized.

Just looking for a new one, thats all.
ΙΓΘΝζΑ
か゚つてへこ
Get a rubber strap. That solved my problems with an SG. . or at least the neck heaviness haha
iv got a soft leather one from ebay that has helped with my slightly top heavy lp, anything that will grip onto you clothers and will stop if falling should help, unless it is realy top heavy then you may have a problem keeping it in place

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SUEDE-LEATHER-Padded-GUITAR-STRAP-choice-of-3-Colours_W0QQitemZ300215263332QQihZ020QQcategoryZ20831QQcmdZViewItem

its one of these i have, although if you like to play with your guitar low then this wont do as its fairly short
Last edited by scottish nutter at May 22, 2008,
Sometimes moving the button can help.

EDIT: ^haha...lead weights, what a dumb solution IMO.
Last edited by Tempoe at Jun 2, 2010,
Quote by GoDrex
I'd sell it or return it. A neck heavy guitar is a curse upon your existence.

Any leather strap will hug your body and prevent the neck from diving.

Nylon or cloth straps tend to slip against your clothes, which is why you're experiencing the dip.

Bring your guitar to a shop and try a bunch of thin leathers.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by Tempoe
Sometimes moving the button can help.

EDIT: ^haha...lead weights, what a dumb solution IMO.

dumb solution? have you ever tried it?

it works fine on my tele copy. IMO, if you get a strap that grips your clothes, it's going to crumple the **** out of your shirt, put strain on your shoulders, and eventually cause you to get into an even more awkward posture than without that gripping strap.

1) It looks like shit
2) It feels like shit
3) It will eventually play like shit
^ So every SG ever plays like shit?

Kids today.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
i would think moving the strap button was a better solution...

anyway,

old thread is old.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I also have the same problems with my mockingbird, as soon as my hand leaves the neck it falls down to the floor. Maybe thats why i have difficulties playing with strap.
Is there any way to attach your strap to a belt or something like that ?
Quote by Goodnighttnight

Is there any way to attach your strap to a belt or something like that ?

ahahaha. ya seriously. weights. wtf. 3 eight oz weights would be like doubling the weight of my guitar.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer