Basically is it worth settling for the Vox Custom Classic AC30CC2 Combo Amplifier
or paying the extra 200 or so for the Vox Custom Classic AC30CC2X .

Does anyone have any experience playing these, Im mainly a Indie player but i like to get out a bit of Hendrix from time to time, also would the 30 watts be decent enough to gig on?
I have a Vox AD30VT and it's enough for small gigs that I do with just my guitar teacher in pubs. I don't think 30 watts would be enough to play with a whole band. At my band's practice I struggle to be heard over the feedback from the keyboards & mics, but that's just rehearsals...
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
I think Banquet is talking about a valve amp, which are a lot more powerful than our little AD30VTs, and put out a lot more sound per watt.

Don't quote me on this but I think I read somewhere ages ago that a 10 watt valve is as loud as a 100 watt solid state :/
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR <3
Yeh its Semi Valve I think, I just love the tone of the Vox's Im just wondering whether i should splash the cash on the cc2x as it were haha
Yes it will have enough power to gig on in bars and stuff.

edit : Well I think the only difference is speakers where the cc2x has alnico celestion blue speakers where as the cc2 has gsh 12-30 speakers and yes the celestions are definitely better, I would shell out the extra cash and plan on but that's just me.
Last edited by hankscorpio at May 22, 2008,
He's talking about the AC30. Thats 30 watts tube...whole different ball game volume wise. It should be more then enough for a decent sized gig. As for tone i think you should plat thru both of them with a flat eq then play the eq and see which one u like best.

And final thought...wrong forum
I think it isnt worth the other 600ish dollars..but if you have the money then why not? I love the way that the cc2 sounds anyway...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
AC30s are notoriously loud for their wattage -- try and hear for yourself!
Quote by fifer
I think it isnt worth the other 600ish dollars..but if you have the money then why not? I love the way that the cc2 sounds anyway...

i could put the money to another guitar or something, but i just want a nice decent amp
try both and see for yourself if the difference is worth the extra cash. if you like it a lot more (the one with the alnico blues) then get it if, you have the money...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
Quote by hankscorpio
...the only difference is speakers where the cc2x has alnico celestion blue speakers where as the cc2 has gsh 12-30 speakers and yes the celestions are definitely better, I would shell out the extra cash and plan on but that's just me.

The Celestion Blues are a huge part of the classic AC30 sound and well worth the cash if you have it.

The AC30 is more than enough amp for indie gigs. It's an incredibly loud 33W.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by Steve BP
AC30s are notoriously loud for their wattage -- try and hear for yourself!

qft. they are super loud, but are awesome amps
the overdrive in mine (AC30cc2 no x) has a pretty good overdrive. I love it, but it wont go high gain at all. it sounds awesome though..

this is a pretty cool video to see:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI4tuvWAyys
Quote by RetroGunslinger
Quote by jaffawoman
I have a Vox AD30VT and it's enough for small gigs that I do with just my guitar teacher in pubs. I don't think 30 watts would be enough to play with a whole band. At my band's practice I struggle to be heard over the feedback from the keyboards & mics, but that's just rehearsals...

I got an AC30 and I can assure you.....it's loud enough.
For smaller gigs you need to keep your volume low because you won't hear the drums anymore. Bigger gigs will have a PA system for you.

And if you can get a nice deal (or the money to spend) on the CC2X get it because the speakers are indeed better.
But if you don't, I can only hear the difference when you put a normal AC30 next to it.... and I don't think it's worth the extra money they're asking for it.
Quote by Shea Donoghue
"WHY DON'T YOU JUST F*CK OFF?!" So I ran up to her face and went "FINE, I F*CKING WILL" and stuck my hands down my pants and started masturbating. My friends were pissing themselves laughing while she just went "JESUS CHRIST"