3/4 length basses? I'm looking around for one, every one I've seen is around £99, and I can't imagine that they have the best sound, unless anyone thats actually heard one/played one can tell me otherwise or point me in the direction of a better one?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Posted By Joth
BassyJoey has a sweet toosh!
Check out the Fender Mustang.
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
Quote by CNC-Digity
Check out the Fender Mustang.

I think that's just short scale, but I'm not 100%. I'm after an actual 3/4 scale bass (body and everything)

If they're the same thing then please somebody correct me.
Posted By Joth
Why would you want a 3/4 scale bass? Full size basses are not beyond the relms of tiny people, like anarkee.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
The Mustang is pretty darn small...Grestch makes something too, but I can't remember the name...
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Probably about £200 ($400) but I can't actually find any that are over £100.

I'll definitely try out a Mustang, but I'm pretty sure the body will still be too big.

Edit: The best I've found so far is the Encore 3/4 Bass (third one down)
http://www.cerddystwyth.co.uk/newtest/acatalog/Three_Quarter_Size_Bass_Guitars.html
*shudder*
Posted By Joth
Last edited by BassyJoey at May 22, 2008,
Look, when people say 3/4, they mean 30" scale. Always. What you're describing is a mini-bass.

Fender makes one called the P-Bass Junior. I believe Fernandes makes one with a built in amplifier.

There is no reason to own one that's worth more than 99 quid.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Epi made one a while back called the AccuBass Jr. They show up incredibly cheap on Ebay all of the time.
Thanks a lot for the help, I've looked up the Fender P-Bass Jr. and there is currently one for sale, but doesn't ship outside of the US.

I've had a look for the AccuBass Jr, I can find reviews but none for sale, i'll keep checking on eBay though.

If anyone else has any input please still do tell me, I'm open to suggestions.
Posted By Joth
hmm... aren't Fender VI's 30" scale?
That's a lot above 99 bucks. Never played one however.
Got a couple thousand lying around?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
The Fender Mustang is a great little bass, my main axe in fact, the white with tortoise shell pickguard one just looks amazing, and the body is really light and not big at all, but they are getting quite rare in the UK, Ive only seen one, and I bought it.

Put up a review of it on here, its pretty fair I think, check it out if you want more info
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
From what I understand, the threadstarter wants a mini-bass, not a 3/4 bass.

Why is this?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
From what I understand, the threadstarter wants a mini-bass, not a 3/4 bass.

Why is this?

It's for when I go on tour, in my band, no member has any specific role, well we do, but we swap around a lot. We're always swapping, lots of synths, samples and odd percussion, but the guitarist can't play a full scale or short scale bass, I'd like to use it for that, along for my own personal use, and for my nephew to play also.

Thanks a lot for the help so far, I'm still looking on eBay.
Posted By Joth
I have seen 12 year olds handle a full size bass fine. Short scale doesn't have any real advantages that can't bo solves with practise.

Tell your guitarist you man up and sit down with him for a few hours and help him get to grips with a bass.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by Deliriumbassist
You could always get a warwick custom bass made to 30" scale for an extra £159 on the price of the bass

I don't understand that, you pay more, for less of a bass?

Warwick are stupid.

Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by indie-bassist
I don't understand that, you pay more, for less of a bass?

Warwick are stupid.

Actually, it is more work for them. They need to custom make the neck, rather than using existing templates.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by Deliriumbassist
You could always get a warwick custom bass made to 30" scale for an extra £159 on the price of the bass

That will definately solve the not being able to find one for more than £99 problem
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Quote by BassyJoey

Edit: The best I've found so far is the Encore 3/4 Bass (third one down)
http://www.cerddystwyth.co.uk/newtest/acatalog/Three_Quarter_Size_Bass_Guitars.html
*shudder*

I'd totally get that tanglewood in your link. tanglewoods are alright, aren't they?

My brother had an encore starter guitar and it was pretty gash, compared to like a squier or something, But i think the newer ones are better.
Quote by gm jack
I have seen 12 year olds handle a full size bass fine.

Yeah, like Anarkee.

I have trouble believing that people actually can't physically play a full or short scale instrument. I think it's more stubbornness. When you scale down like that, you lose a good bit of tone.

I can't believe that someone can't play an instrument with 4.5" longer scale length than a Strat.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Quote by thefitz
Yeah, like Anarkee.

I have trouble believing that people actually can't physically play a full or short scale instrument. I think it's more stubbornness. When you scale down like that, you lose a good bit of tone.

I can't believe that someone can't play an instrument with 4.5" longer scale length than a Strat.

Yeah me neither.

Seriously suck it up.
Originally Posted by thefitz

Thats guitarists for you! The whining buggers!
Quote by gmjack
I have seen 12 year olds handle a full size bass fine.

Quote by thefitz
Yeah, like Anarkee..

Thanks, tall man.

*punches Fitz in the knees, because that's the only place she can reach*

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Basses DO lose a bit when you knock the scale down... but if I were to get a piccolo bass, 30-32" would be my choice anyday.

Ben have you ever played a piccolo bass? I've always wondered how they played and sounded vs. a standard bass.