I was searching through ebay, my daily thing, and came across this...

I'm seriously considering buying one as a project bass. Switch everything out except the body...because its probably really ****ty.
Governor of the Jersey Rocks group
PM me to join
That looks really cool, go for it.
If only you could make it a 5string...wait...could you?
I'd go for it. But I don't know what kind of tone you'll get from what I assume is acrylic.
Quote by denizenz
Cute in English is the same as grim and frostbitten in Nordic.

Gear:
Washburn T14 B
Laney RB-1
I'm going to guess that's a Wesley? In which case they do make a 5 string but really, don't bother with them, my mate bought a Wesley guitar and the bridge fell out of the body on our first band practice (only the second time he'd played it). Even if you changed everything but the body, it's still a crappy body so I wouldn't bother.

If you do want a clear bass that is pretty good, look at the Dan Armstrong/Ampeg model.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
My guess is Galveston.

Anyway, yes, they do weigh a tonne, and have a bit of a... plasticy tone, but at least the tone isn't as "fake" or thin sounding as some other composite bodied basses.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Looking it up, the make is Grand.

To be honest, I'm not sure I would buy it. On the one hand, it's cheap, yes. On the other hand, those pickups aren't straight under the strings at all. It seems like they were randomly thrown down. Also, it doesn't seem like an incredibly good shape for such a heavy instrument.

If I was going for a Lucite/Acrylic instrument, I would go for quality and get a Dan Armstrong any day.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by Nutter_101
Looking it up, the make is Grand.

To be honest, I'm not sure I would buy it. On the one hand, it's cheap, yes. On the other hand, those pickups aren't straight under the strings at all. It seems like they were randomly thrown down. Also, it doesn't seem like an incredibly good shape for such a heavy instrument.

If I was going for a Lucite/Acrylic instrument, I would go for quality and get a Dan Armstrong any day.

The bridge pup is straight. The neck pup is angled. Some Warwicks have angled neck pups (like the Thumb)
Quote by Deliriumbassist
The bridge pup is straight. The neck pup is angled. Some Warwicks have angled neck pups (like the Thumb)

I can see that foo'. And I know about Warwicks. In some of the pictures it looked a bit more off than that though.

Don't judge me .
In the bass chat:

And now on BANDCAMP!

Quote by Deliriumbassist

I think he means the polepieces don't like up under the strings properly.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by indie-bassist
I think he means the polepieces don't like up under the strings properly.

Yeah! That's what I meant! <_< >_>

(Even though the polepieces look pretty good from the photos, and they're doubled up so they aren't meant to)
In the bass chat:

And now on BANDCAMP!

Be honest, It's not like you're buying that for the playability or the tone.

I was thinking, the chances are if you're changing the neck then the hole won't line up properly on the new neack, What would you fill the old ones in with?
Gotta be a wesley. Not too fond myself, seem a bit gimmicky and heavy, although i've never played one.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Anyhow, its a "K Tone". And a dude on ebay sells all there stuff, but I can't find a website for them. They make all kinds of wierd stuff, acrylic guitars, shaped guitars, double neck acoustics, double necks. And all at a really cheap price.

HOWEVER, honestly I would just buy this, throw some second hand fender pups in it and maybe a neck ibanez neck, just to have it....

And the stats say its ~10 pounds
PM me to join
They look really cool - It's similar to Dave Groul's signature (obviously a bass version). Maybe good for a beginners bass but there isn't much to go on from the pics.
On Ebay they're being sold under the Grand brand.

This seems a little odd... Hmmm.

TS, there's a reason they're all being sold at cheap prices. They probably have low build quality. Also, it's going to be difficult to find a neck that will fit the neck pocket. Bear that in mind.
In the bass chat:

And now on BANDCAMP!

Quote by Nutter_101
On Ebay they're being sold under the Grand brand.

This seems a little odd... Hmmm.

TS, there's a reason they're all being sold at cheap prices. They probably have low build quality. Also, it's going to be difficult to find a neck that will fit the neck pocket. Bear that in mind.

Yeah, I'm clearly not looking for quality. I can see that its the like the worst bass ever. But it looks so dam cool.

Im to lazy right now, but sooner or later ill post up the ebay link.
PM me to join
BID FOR IT!!!

Who cares if its crap, the sheer fact it looks that cool outweighs everything else
Ebay Page

Aight there it is. You can click on the 'view other items by seller' and seee what else he has. Its all really cool stuff, but just really cheap.
PM me to join
It looks really interesting. I've always been looking for that one piece of gear that is All Hand-Craft work and provides Highest Quality Song.

God, I love those Highest Quality Songs. Only the highest for me.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I've got one of these in blue and it looks and sounds awesome, i've written a review of it if you wanna look it up (if it gets accepted) and my friend got one of ebay aswell and it was fine, not as good as mine but still very good quality bass which sounds awesome.
Quote by MV4824
It looks sweet.. the only downside is you can't play naked, your bass wouldn't "cover" you!

Or... it could warp things to make them look bigger! (or smaller)
haha yeah.

I was looking around and he had a double neck bass/guitar. It was pretty awesome.
PM me to join
Quote by indie-bassist
I'm going to guess that's a Wesley? In which case they do make a 5 string but really, don't bother with them, my mate bought a Wesley guitar and the bridge fell out of the body on our first band practice (only the second time he'd played it). Even if you changed everything but the body, it's still a crappy body so I wouldn't bother.

About 4 years ago, I got a pair of 6 string acrylic paddles from Wesley for 25 quid each on ebay, changed the tuners and the single pickup for DiMarzio PAFs.

Got one at work for a little noodlin' at lunch break and one in the trunk for the improvised, last minute gig. They're small enough to fit in a traval back where I got leads, a pair of mics and some leftover strings. For the moment, the only thing they need is a pot replacement. The originals are scratchy and getting on my nerves. The bridge chrome weared off on one and is getting rusty. Nothing dramatic. Other than that, they hold their ground very well against the other chinese made.

I'm sure the paddle would also make a great slide guitar.