My girlfriends birthday is soon, and i'm planning to buy concert tickets. I know she will like either of these shows...

The first one is REM, with guests Modest Mouse and The National. (I haven't heard of the last 2 - anyone know if they put on a good show?)

The other is Rain, The Beatles Experience .. I haven't heard a whole lot about them, but I've always just thought it wouldn't be great since it's a cover band, although i do remember her saying she'd like to go see them - maybe that was a hint!

Which do you think I should go with? I thought about getting tickets to both, but I don't think I can afford it.
R.E.M, she'll love it
Gear List

Guitars
PRS SE Tremonti
Ltd Mh-100qmnt
Peavey Rotor ex
Crafter Acoustic

Amps
Bugera 333
Bugera 412h

Effects
Marshall Shredmaster
Line 6 MM4
Line 6 DL4
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Dan Electro Fish'n'chips
Ibanez LU-10
If she mentioned she'd like to see the latter, then definitely book tickets for that. It's a safe bet.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Modest Mouse was good (before they sold out, i.e. making appearances on Kidz Bop lololol). Go to that one.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
REM you idiot. If she doesn't like Modest Mouse, eh.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
I'd go for R.E.M

R.E.M. and the National are pretty sick and modest mouse is good too
Quote by RATM forever
definitely the best spam thread today!
Quote by DigUpHerBones
REM you idiot. If she doesn't like Modest Mouse, eh.

Harsh.

The latter, as she said she wants to see them.

Then again, REM are pretty awesome.

Does your girlfriend like REM at all?
I'd go see modest mouse, from what i've seen live isaac puts on a good show, I remember one vid where he got a knife from the audience and cut the top of his arm, then finished a song in near scream. It wasn't emo>:[ it was badass
R.E.M. are legends. The National are a fantastic band. Modest Mouse are good too. It looks like a great concert - that's definitely the one I'd pick.
REM. The National are good too. Don't give money to a covers band.
Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name.
I saw Rain and I liked it, but I'd definitely choose REM. They're living legends and Modest Mouse is a really strong support act. The National are tolerable too.
[SIZE=
definately REM. a great band, and modest mouse is awesome too. i've never seem them but i would imagine they put on a good show
I'd like a chocolate shake.. with a whiskey chaser
Go see R.E.M. because if you miss them this time, you'll definitely regret it. Also, Modest Mouse is a strong supporting band.
Thanks everyone for the advice, I got tickets to both :P
I'll enjoy the REM concert more... so I'm taking her to that anyways, but the Rain tickets are for her birthday.