Heres the dealy: I need to buy some very cheap, yet healthy food from WalMart. So far I've got Raman noodles (a given), fruits and vegetables, and maybe some store brand yogurt. I don't know what cheap meats are good though that are not processed, or at least lightly processed. I'm not much of a cook, which doesn't help.
We're only strays.
I heard stuff you find under the kitchen sink is pretty healthy to drink.

hot dogs maybe?
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

Melodic Thrash Metal and winners of the Wacken Metal Battle Canada and 2nd Place Runner Ups for Wacken Metal Battle International

PROFANER
Ramen noodles are not healthy. they contain a huge amount of sodium which is bad for you.

get some brown rice instead.

EDIT: and to the guy above me, hot dogs are not healthy either.

i suggest buying some fresh fish. its not always cheap, but its fairly healthy.
Last edited by daytripper75 at May 22, 2008,
Ramen noodles are not healthy at all man. They are essentially noodles that are fried and then cooked again in water. Not to mention they are really really high in sodium, containing at least 40% of what you need, but i think it's actually more. Fruits and veggies are the way to go. i would recommend learning to cook so you can better manage what it is your eating.
get some deli meats and make yourself a sandwich.. whole wheat bread...fat-free mayo... lettuce... you get the idea
brown rice, wholemeal pasta.

Chicken fillets, but learn how to cook them. You don't want it undercooked.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by FightinIrishPJ
get some deli meats and make yourself a sandwich.. whole wheat bread...fat-free mayo... lettuce... you get the idea

Deli meats are generally high in fat for flavour, and fat free mayo doesn't exist - only 'low' fat which is still very fattening.

This thread goes some way to explaining why white people are fat.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
grow ur own veg man...

I did...it tasted greeeeaaaaaatttttt- and it was cheap and filled with lots of lovely nutrients
<--- This is Wally. Not Waldo.

Gear List:
Ibanez RG570
Fender MIA Strat (in black, HSS)
Godawful Marshall MG practice amp

My Youtube
My godawful blog
Quote by Rankles
Deli meats are generally high in fat for flavour, and fat free mayo doesn't exist - only 'low' fat which is still very fattening.

This thread goes some way to explaining why white people are fat.

that point about fat-free mayo was on Ugly Betty :P

Try treating all processed foods (to an extent) as bad.

If it grows, it's good.
Vegetables, Fruit, potatoes, wholemeal pasta, brown rice and wholemeal bread are all good.
Natural yoghurt with fruit is a nice alternative to buying fruit flavoured yoghurts.

Meat and fish you have to be more careful with. Buy it raw, keep it chilled or frozen (and give it time to defrost). Get help on cooking it.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

I really do not understand, why people have to add flavours, I can eat just rice, or just pasta, or just "natural" yoghurt just fine!

But for flavours fruits, herbs, spices etc, NO salt
My parents actually have a garden in the summer. Delicious vegetables come out of it.
I highly recommend you grow your own foods, much more satisfying.

As for Wal-Mart... That is the place with little, or no healthy foods. At all.

Get some water, and all the veggies you can basically.
McLovin is my hero!

It's not the going that the pit cares about.
It's the coming.
Quote by lzrdsixsix6
just out of curiousity if you wanna be healthy why the papa johns logo?

Its where I work. And right now I eat tons of fast food and processed crap, so I just want to eat better. I don't want to eat like steamed raisin skins and celery every meal, just stuff thats better than the usual high sodium processed junk.

Is there any way to get fresh fish cheap?
We're only strays.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer

Is there any way to get fresh fish cheap?

urrmm...catch it!!!!!
<--- This is Wally. Not Waldo.

Gear List:
Ibanez RG570
Fender MIA Strat (in black, HSS)
Godawful Marshall MG practice amp

My Youtube
My godawful blog
It depend's on what your tastes are. Some people would willingly wash a carrot and munch on it, where other's like an intricate;y made dish.

Experiment next time you're in the supermarket, buy the staple foods that are healthy then find other healthy (cheap) stuff to chuck in and see if it meshes well.
Quote by McLovin-
My parents actually have a garden in the summer. Delicious vegetables come out of it.
I highly recommend you grow your own foods, much more satisfying.

As for Wal-Mart... That is the place with little, or no healthy foods. At all.

Get some water, and all the veggies you can basically.

Well my parents are as well, but they're growing this vertical garden thing. Long story, but its basicly just stacked foam pots with plants in them lol. It doesn't seem to be giving out much vegetables yet, they just made it like a month or two ago. I got my mom a bamboo steamer for Mother's Day and we've had some steamed vegetables and they were GREAT. Really I just need to learn to cook better.
We're only strays.
The government wants you to be fat, that's why everything that's good for you is expensive.

It's a ****ing conspiracy!!
Check it:

buy some pasta, bread, some fresh vegetables and fruits. some UNCOOKED MEAT from a BUTCHER. if you're looking for something quick, a chicken sandwich cooks in like less than 8 minutes. if you're looking for something awesome, you can make pasta with fresh vegetable sauce.

cook with olive or canola oil, not butter, as it's less fatty.

if you get the essentials from a grocery store you probably only have to spend like $50 a week after the initial $150-200 on groceries.
canned tuna
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
Anything that still looks similar to how it came out of the ground.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

ground beef isn't that healthy but, might be your best bet.
bagels, salmon, chicken breast, TUNA is really cheap and healthy.
more veggies and fruits.
trail mix, baby carrots, tomatoes, etc.

go to a trader joe's if u have one near you.
cheap and tasty and pretty healthy.
Don't get whole wheat bread, get whole GRAIN. It's actually quite nice and you feel full after eating two slices.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Anyone tried Oatabix?

Holy ****, it might just be better than wheetabix. Certainly better on the ol' stomach.
Quote by vulgarmachine
urrmm...catch it!!!!!

This is actually an option of you live near a river or stream.

If I could get a ride to the river every afternoon I could probably catch enough trout to eat it at every meal.

Trout....one of my favorites!
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
I eat lots of Chicken and tuna.

However, if your under 16 (or preggers) don't eat too much tuna in a week cus apparently it has comparitively high levels of methylmercury and too much can be poisonous.