About 3 years ago I purchased my first guitar (a "Peavey Raptor" Strat. copy) bought an Epiphone explorer about a year later to replace it.

Now I only play my Peavey every now and then but the pickups sound like ****. Now I’ve been meaning to have a go at modding my guitars for a while now and this seems like the perfect opportunity to do so.

I only want to replace the bridge humbucker for now as practice. So my question is, can you suggest a humbucking pickup (nothing fancy) for around £30 or less (about $50) that will make my guitar sound slightly better but also give me some modding experience at no great expense. I did wonder about the Wilkinson WMSHB www.jhs.co.uk/wilkinson.html but feel free to tell me otherwise.

Thanks in advance.
HADOUKEN!! Click For UG's Street Fighter Group

Quote by synpet713192

I'd never seen you around until very recently, but this and the other pic have caused me to worship you
GFS?

get a 4 conductor pup and put a coil split or series/parallel in or something
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
GFS?

get a 4 conductor pup and put a coil split or series/parallel in or something

Quote by alexlemon2
GFS pickups are apparently really good for the price, i can't comment on them as i have never used them before - but for around £17 per pickup you can't complain about em

Not sure about shipping costs but it shouldn't be too high as pickups aren't that heavy

http://store.guitarfetish.com/humbuckers.html

thanks I'll look into those and see if i can find a UK dealer.

any other ideas anyone?
HADOUKEN!! Click For UG's Street Fighter Group

Quote by synpet713192

I'd never seen you around until very recently, but this and the other pic have caused me to worship you