Hey there guess its another one of those 'does this suit my style' 'have you tried this guitar?' thread. Also btw if your a squier hater go and to the pit or something seriously don't need you bashing squier here, thanks.

Just a quick question would a telecaster in general suit my music style? I play classic rock, blues, punk and some modern rock. And have any of yous tried the guitar? Thank you in advance.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
Last edited by Tomo J O at May 22, 2008,
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
If you mean this:

I played it at GC last week. Sweet guitar and I was torn between this, and a Epi DOT Studio...until I saw that Ivory Ibanez Artcore.
GEAR:

Gretsch 5120 Anniversary Ed.
Ibanez Artcore AS73
Mann 2350CS (Les Paul Copy)
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Squier Bullet
Boss OS-2
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT 30w
Line 6 Spider III 15W (Hey, I jam in my living room...)

Thats what I mean.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Quote by Tomo J O

Thats what I mean.

Ah, the solid! Is it in the same $300 price range at your store? Looks sweet but I never played it. I was looking for hollows or semis.
GEAR:

Gretsch 5120 Anniversary Ed.
Ibanez Artcore AS73
Mann 2350CS (Les Paul Copy)
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Squier Bullet
Boss OS-2
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT 30w
Line 6 Spider III 15W (Hey, I jam in my living room...)
£269 over here in England. I'm gonna give it a try out soon I REALLY like the look of it and the added Humbucker
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
it should do great for that kind of music. it looks sweet too. i want a tele sooo bad.
Ok thanks. And yhea sorry about that
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Anyone else own/tried out this guitar?
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
^^
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
The vintage modified Series are great guitars ! i has a VM fat strat And itz Tha P4wnorzz

(seriously anyone who knows me didn't you expect me to show up i'm ug's squier freak) xD
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Seriously, stop bumping....It should feel the same as the other Tele's in that price range and the sound should be perfectly fine......I played a Squier Tele similar to that with no humbucker and the single coil got decent distortion and good cleans....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
For £269 you're SO close to a fender mexican tele, which is a great upgrade to this as a Fender will have the alder body rather than the agathis, which is where a considerable amount of the "twang" comes from.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
For £269 you're SO close to a fender mexican tele, which is a great upgrade to this as a Fender will have the alder body rather than the agathis, which is where a considerable amount of the "twang" comes from.

I hate to say it But we al know that the Squier VM's are superior to MIm's
agathis? Mine's made out of indian cedar :S
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Thanks for all the help guys! Im gonna go and try out the beauty in the week I shall let you know the result.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Quote by Tomo J O
Thanks for all the help guys! Im gonna go and try out the beauty in the week I shall let you know the result.

try a MIM tele while your at it You never know
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Quote by Punk_Ninja
rather than the agathis,
The VM series of Squiers are made with Indian Cedro, not Agathis. I think that's actually a downgrade even from Agathis though - I've tried looking all over online for any info on Indian Cedro, and I can't find any evidence of it even existing anywhere except on Squier's pages.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
from what I've heard the VM squier series are as good or better than Mexican standards. I haven't tried any though.

I'm considering getting the thinline VM squier, but I thought about buying this SH model too. Let me know how it is.