Hi!

I have an epiphone les paul standart and I'd like to change my pickups.

I want sound like randy rhoads, paul gilbert and that kind of a metal music?

Could you guys recommend me something?
鋼の錬金術師
It's not going to make a major difference with your current gear, if you can't get the sounds you want from the Cube and the POD then you really want to be looking at a new amp, mot pickups.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
me and gilbert use dimarzio tonezones and theyre great.also tru the bareknuckle warpig
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by steven seagull
It's not going to make a major difference with your current gear, if you can't get the sounds you want from the Cube and the POD then you really want to be looking at a new amp, mot pickups.

I can get a good sound with this gear, but the biggest problem with epis original picups are that they scream really much if you play loud and i want to change pickups that are good, don't scream and i can play paul gilbert etc.
鋼の錬金術師
if you want a metal sound go for dimarzio super distortions i hear those are amazing
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
Quote by Punkismygod
I can get a good sound with this gear, but the biggest problem with epis original picups are that they scream really much if you play loud and i want to change pickups that are good, don't scream and i can play paul gilbert etc.

Scream? Like feedback? That happens with ALL pickups, if you play really loud and close to your amp.

Don't play so close to your amp.
I play about 3 metres away from my amp but they still keep screaming?

But what would you guys recommend, get epiphone to a professional care and change pickups, or should I get a new guitar?
鋼の錬金術師
I really don't think this is a pickup issue.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
well my uncle's been playing guitar for 30 years and he works at local music shop, and he says that the fault usually for screaming is that you have too much distoriton (I don't?) or that you have bad pickups or the picups are broken, and that epiphones usually have this problem.
is he correct or not?
鋼の錬金術師
^ just because you play them doesn't mean you fix them
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
Just try resoldering all the joints, see if it makes any difference.
I've never heard of stock epiphone pickups squeeling.

If problem still persists after re-soldering (if you know what your doing of course, if not have a practice first) then come back, but it doesn't sound like a pickup issue