so i just found out about Testament being mtv's artist of the week, i am not so sure about it, the last time metal was in mtv we ended up w/ hair metal, any opinions about this

p.s. sorry if there is already a thread about this
gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez RG
Peavey Nitro
Takamine EG-351SSC
Bugera 333xl 212

My Music:
MySpace
Facebook
add me!
Headbanger's Ball is half Metalcore/Deathcore, rest is pretty good. I watched some Bathory and Behemoth on there the other day. I don't see why they shouldn't. Formation of Damnation is one of the best albums to come out this year in my opinion.
Its testament so i'm not too concerned. The only way they could go "bad" per se is if alex scholnick turned it into a jazz band like his solo project, but i don't see that happening. And headbangers ball isn't too bad. They tend to worship metalcore too much but they play a good mix besides that.
Last edited by DaveGilmour1189 at May 22, 2008,
Quote by diminishedtobme
Have you heard of Headbangers Ball?

i believe thats on mtv2 which is mostly for heavy music i saw them on the ragular mainstream mtv
gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez RG
Peavey Nitro
Takamine EG-351SSC
Bugera 333xl 212

My Music:
MySpace
Facebook
add me!
I saw that. I don't like Testament anymore.

Just kidding.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
dood sellouts liek wtf

New Testament isnt that great anyway. I didnt even think they had music on mtv anymore, its full of retards like Bam Margera et al.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by lpcustom325
i believe thats on mtv2 which is mostly for heavy music i saw them on the ragular mainstream mtv

I rarely watch Headbanger's Ball because it's too repetitive from episode to episode.....That's good that Testament got some recognition though....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
^ Damn you making me hungry.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by BladeSlinger

I rarely watch Headbanger's Ball because it's too repetitive from episode to episode.....That's good that Testament got some recognition though....

Amazing. I have no words to describe what you have just done.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
This is not a subject worthy of discussion.

It doesn't matter what they appear on, just what the music sounds like.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Quote by BladeSlinger

Pretty hilarious. I loved the timing, considering I'm eating pasta with Ragu sauce
Quote by Phill-Rock
This is not a subject worthy of discussion.

It doesn't matter what they appear on, just what the music sounds like.

I'm with this guy.

besides, i think it's great that some trendy pop-princess got a hot wad of metal shot in her face.... maybe now she knows what real men look like, as opposed to those Abercrombie fags she dates.

I'm horny now.
oh noes! well, it looks like we can't listen to Testament anymore.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Quote by guitgrinder
besides, i think it's great that some trendy pop-princess got a hot wad of metal shot in her face.... maybe now she knows what real men look like, as opposed to those Abercrombie fags she dates.

You think the guys Testament are good looking?

Heh, surprised me a bit but at least it's good publicity for the band (I think).
Quote by |Marco|
I wear Abercrombie...

then get out. you're no longer welcome here
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.