exactly 6 months ago i started playing. i don't have any videos of my playing but i can play these songs in full w/ the solos (except any pinch harmonics, i cannot pull those off yet)

all by soad:
sad statue
kill rock n roll
toxicity
this cocaine makes me feel like i'm on this song
suggestions
revenga
hypnotize
peephole
suite-pee
lost in hollywood
soldier side intro
aerials
holy mountain
roulette
spiders

and a couple riffs from some slayer / iron maiden songs, no full songs yet from them tho

do you think thats pretty good?
Damn! You're pretty good compared to me, I would say keep on progressing at this rate. Very good in my opinion.
You've progressed well when you realize that its more important to have fun then to be good.
show us some of your own stuff, then i will judge you. I could care less about the songs you can play, but more for the songs you can write.
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

Quote by Ze_Metal
You've progressed well when you realize that its more important to have fun then to be good.

that's what i've been doing. i haven't really learned much of anything like scales, chords, etc. only how to tune and read tabs, and things like harmonics, and i've just been playing songs i like.
Quote by nouOU
exactly 6 months ago i started playing. i don't have any videos of my playing but i can play these songs in full w/ the solos (except any pinch harmonics, i cannot pull those off yet)

all by soad:
sad statue
kill rock n roll
toxicity
this cocaine makes me feel like i'm on this song
suggestions
revenga
hypnotize
peephole
suite-pee
lost in hollywood
soldier side intro
aerials
holy mountain
roulette
spiders

and a couple riffs from some slayer / iron maiden songs, no full songs yet from them tho

do you think thats pretty good?

i try to go quality over quanity but whatever works for you
Quote by HaKattack
Woman tone, eh?

Set treble to PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN WHEN YOU'RE DONE
Mids to YOU'RE DRIVING TOO FAST
Bass to WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "MAKE ME A SANDWICH"?
Gain to NOT TONIGHT, I HAVE A HEADACHE.

starter of the nadsat group
ye open ur music vocabulary too.....try some other types of music (i.e. blues, jazz, classical) and practise practise practise ur doing good...always challenge urself pinch harmonics come with time and practise...
my gear lol:
a crappy cheap aria pro II
a patch chord that only werks when i jiggle it
and a pure static amp
Quote by Ichimaru
You can play Classical Gas after a year? I think we have a prodigy on our hands.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
Sweep picking after only 1 year of playing? O_o