does any1 know what bass strings matthew leone (madina lake bassist) uses?

thanks
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Seriously? Strings do NOT make a noticeable difference and you won't sound the least bit more like him for using his strings. All I can tell you is that they're roundwound, not flatwound, so go out and buy some nice roundwound strings and you'll be fine.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
Seriously? Strings do NOT make a noticeable difference
Seriously? Strings certainly do make a significant difference.
Quote by Sid McCall
Seriously? Strings do NOT make a noticeable difference

em.... yes yes they do, btw TS, dont buy strings just coz an artist uses em, use what feels right to you.... and apologies if ur just curious =]
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
Looking at some photos of the guy his strings have red silk on the ends...so most likely Rotos.
Apparently he plays a MM Stingray so probably uses the Ernie Ball Super Slinkies
Quote by denizenz
Cute in English is the same as grim and frostbitten in Nordic.

Gear:
Washburn T14 B
Laney RB-1
Quote by Deliriumbassist
That's like saying people who play Fender Jazz basses probably use Fender strings. Which they don't, because fender stock strings suck.

+1
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
Quote by Deliriumbassist
That's like saying people who play Fender Jazz basses probably use Fender strings. Which they don't, because fender stock strings suck.

Hey, I'm stabbing in the dark here
Quote by denizenz
Cute in English is the same as grim and frostbitten in Nordic.

Gear:
Washburn T14 B
Laney RB-1
Quote by smb
Seriously? Strings certainly do make a significant difference.

Thanks for taking me out of context. What I mean is, when you're trying to emulate an artist's sound, the strings are the least of your worries, because they make little to no difference as long as you have either flat or round.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
haha, love you too.

damn the bass forums are a strange place...this is gonna take some getting used to...
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
does anyone know where i could get a set of 5 string flatwounds in the UK? i am struggling to find any
Quote by Kethnus
does anyone know where i could get a set of 5 string flatwounds in the UK? i am struggling to find any

The almighty interwebz?
Governor of the Jersey Rocks group
PM me to join
Quote by Kethnus
Quote by smb
Looking at some photos of the guy his strings have red silk on the ends...so most likely Rotos.

Some other strings have red silk on the end... My stock Ibanez strings has red silk on the ends which i HIGHLY doubt were rotos as it was a £150 bass. Not only rotos have the red silk.
Last edited by Rywad at May 23, 2008,
Quote by Rywad
Some other strings have red silk on the end... My stock Ibanez strings has red silk on the ends which i HIGHLY doubt were rotos as it was a £150 bass. Not only rotos have the red silk.

I have Roto's on my £180 Bass...
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by Rywad
Ibanez basses come with d'Addario strings stock which don't have silk covered ends.
Quote by ChemicalFire
I have Roto's on my £180 Bass...

You didn't read the fact that they were the stock strings, did you?
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
You didn't read the fact that they were the stock strings, did you?
If it's a recently bought Ibanez, they weren't the stock strings. New Ibanez basses come with d'Addarios which don't have silk wrapping at the nut end, as I just said.
Quote by Sid McCall
Thanks for taking me out of context. What I mean is, when you're trying to emulate an artist's sound, the strings are the least of your worries, because they make little to no difference as long as you have either flat or round.

Yeah, strings are rather low on the list of priorities, but say the threadstarter has the dude's EXACT setup other than the strings?

Also, you're REALLY saying you can't tell the sound of a fresh set of nickels compared to a fresh set of stainless? Or steel flats compared to nylon? REALLY?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..