Page 1 of 3
so for you UGers with jobs...where do you work?
i work at an Ingles grocery store. its pretty crappy compared to the other stores around here (well, very crappy) but they were the first ones to call back and ive yet to find a place id rather be. on bad days, i wanna burn the place to the ground. on good days, its not too bad.
So where do you guys spend endless hours trying to make money? how much do you make? any funny stories? etc
Virgin Media.

I get paid tomorrow, this is the paycheque with my bonus from the first quarter in, so it will be £1000 instead of £600.

Not a lot, but I'll take what I can get when I'm a student and can only spare 19 hours per week...
Berrytown Produce. its a GIANT ****ing fruit stand. Im usually bagging seafood and taking lunch orders
When all else fails, ask the pit.
I work in a church rectory on Sundays and there's always a kid who calls and asks if he someone saw the lunchbox he left during Sunday school. It's so cute.
I don't do much in my job, just answering phones, letting people in, stuff like that. It gets really quiet after an hour or so. I just hang out, sit pretty for like 3 hours and get paid $10 an hour.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Virgin Media.

I get paid tomorrow, this is the paycheque with my bonus from the first quarter in, so it will be £1000 instead of £600.

Not a lot, but I'll take what I can get when I'm a student and can only spare 19 hours per week...
I came out with less than £1000 a month working 35 hrs a week for one of the worlds largest pharmaceutical companies as a researcher last year.

So don't complain!
I get paid tomorrow

And Mistress Ibanez How much

I get paid £139ish and that's for 8 hours work.

I work at sainsbury's on checkouts.

EDIT:

8 hours a week, seeing as it's giving so much confusion
Last edited by Slinov at May 22, 2008,
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Virgin Media.

I respect Richard Branson, but Virgin Media is absolute bollocks

I half envy those with jobs, but I've still yet to look around for one to have over the summer. But I appreciate the freedom (though lack of because of money and exam constraints).

I'm still a paperboy, but that's not a job!
My "Rig":

Fender American Telecaster
Boss OD-2
EHX Small Clone
EHX SMM avec HAZARAI
Man, I need a job, anyone know of anywhere that'll take on low life scum like me?
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
i'm a sales assistant at currys.digital, it's my first job and i honestly didn't think the general public could be as rude as they've been to me when i'm honestly trying to help them.
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

Quote by Kiffa
Man, I need a job, anyone know of anywhere that'll take on low life scum like me?

...the government.
Quote by freedoms_stain
I came out with less than £1000 a month working 35 hrs a week for one of the worlds largest pharmaceutical companies as a researcher last year.

So don't complain!

I'm not complaining! The extra £490 is from selling virgin media products, contract phones and new connections to the standards they set out in our quarterly targets. My regular wage is something like £550 per month when I work 19 hours per week, which is enough to pay the rent and food and the like. I can buy a new amp this month though =D

Full timers get double comission than what I get, they're taking home £1200 per month AND £1000 commission per quarter. People who work full time, consider virgin mobile, srsly!
Quote by irongoat666
i'm a sales assistant at currys.digital, it's my first job and i honestly didn't think the general public could be as rude as they've been to me when i'm honestly trying to help them.

The general consumer is a first-class asshole. Don't even bother trying to help people. It just fails.

Quote by denizenz
I'm an Information Systems Administrator. I make about $4000/month.

What kind of stuff do you do?
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Slinov
I get paid tomorrow

And Mistress Ibanez How much

I get paid £139ish and that's for 8 hours work.

Sainsburys pay £17 ph?

I'm in the wrong job...
Quote by irongoat666

I've been to Currys digital once, and the cowbag who served me got pissed at me because I didn't want to pay an extra £20 for cover on my iPod, then the store closed down like a week later.

Sorry, only just vaguely related.
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
I got sacked from working at WFC. All I did was not turn up and didn't tell anyone after I ticked to work. And it took them two weeks to realise, the level of incompetence at that place is remarkable, from the players to the catering managers
Quote by irongoat666

I know what you mean. On my checkout i've had customers swear at me for making silly mistakes like pressing the wrong button, or not having a supervisor on hand (they're always busy)
i have a cool job. i work for a land survayer and civil engneering company. we survay land and i get to draw up the buildings. we work with construction companys to design sewers and such. i just go out to the field and survay and draw up the plans. its a cool job. 50 hours a week but hey there is money in it. luckly Massachusetts economy isnt as bad as other ecomomys around the US. and i still find time to rock out at least 4 hours a day ha ha ha its pretty cool for a 19 year old fresh out of high school
Last edited by toolfan88 at May 22, 2008,
I'm an avionics systems troubleshooter. I make more than denizens. Pfffttttt.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Tescos Extra - Electrical Department

Nice job, shame about the hours. Quitting now i'm 18 and gonna get a bar job.
Quote by Jackal58
I'm an avionics systems troubleshooter. I make more than denizens. Pfffttttt.

I'll be making 6.2 jillion dollars after I write the world's finest parallel-programming compiler.

Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Slinov
Nope, £4.37 per hour.

I meant that i work 8 hours a week.

Sorry

Oh >.<

And yeah, customers are horrible. Natwest bank cards don't have account numbers on, but when I point this out to people and tell them you NEED an account number to set up a direct debit needed for a contract, they get really angry.

Some idiots try to do it with a cashcard, which has "NOT A DIRECT DEBIT GUARANTEE" written on the back.

Not to mention, as has been said in this thread, everyone hates virgin media. It's not fun being the face of the company because you take the brunt of everyone's insults. Have a phone, call the call centre, it's not my problem =/
Quote by Kiffa
I've been to Currys digital once, and the cowbag who served me got pissed at me because I didn't want to pay an extra £20 for cover on my iPod, then the store closed down like a week later.

Sorry, only just vaguely related.

you should come all the way to scotland just for my store, we're all nice people and one of the few stores in scotland that actually makes the company any profit... i have been to other currys stores as a customer and the service has been abysmal so as a group i can see why we get a bad reputation, but it's such a kick in the teeth to us when Which? magazine give us bad reviews as we genuinly do work hard in our store but all these reviews of the entire group are based on about a handful of stores they visit where the staff probably don't care.

i hate people
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

Quote by darkstar2466
I'll be making 6.2 jillion dollars after I write the world's finest parallel-programming compiler.

All in monopoly money.
Oh I'm sorry this isn't the "Corrupt a wish" thread is it?

Quote by denizenz
What? No way! I'm the highest paid on the board not you.

Give it a couple more years and you will be.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
All in monopoly money.
Oh I'm sorry this isn't the "Corrupt a wish" thread is it?

Just you wait, Jackal. Just you wait...

*shakes fist*
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
My neighbor owns a chick fil a near me. He has been offering me a job I'm just too lazy to drive over and fill out an application.
I work part-time in a post office, 18 hours week for £6.62 an hour. Not a bad job, gives me the money I need for equipment (despite the fact I had to cut off my mohawk prior to starting).
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
Quote by Jackal58

Give it a couple more years and you will be.

I think Dirk or cagnius have a chance at beating us both actually...probably combined.

I'll be starting my bachelors program for Technical Management in July...I'm hoping to be an IT manager or a CIO someday.
Big software company in California, supporting their VoIP systems. boring stuff, decent $. zzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
HMV... ya know, the music store?

It's cool, only part-time, but it pays okay and its pretty chilled out.
Manchester United Est. 1878

Do you DIG?

Cos I DIG.
Quote by denizenz
I think Dirk or cagnius have a chance at beating us both actually...probably combined.

I'll be starting my bachelors program for Technical Management in July...I'm hoping to be an IT manager or a CIO someday.

Ahem.

There's money to be made in psycholinguistics, you know. I won't be a shop girl all my life... *wishful thinking*
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Ahem.

There's money to be made in psycholinguistics, you know. I won't be a shop girl all my life... *wishful thinking*

Ya, but I'm still pretty sure lawyers take the cake.

Of course, I don't even know what the hell a psycholinguist would do...so I could be wrong.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Ahem.

haha, good mental attitude and all that?

i'm praying i get that 6 month pay rise that happens at sainsbury's quickly....
Last edited by Slinov at May 22, 2008,
Quote by amputecture
Big software company in California, supporting their VoIP systems. boring stuff, decent $. zzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

VoIP can be cool.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by denizenz

Of course, I don't even know what the hell a psycholinguist would do...so I could be wrong.

Search for the language centre in the brain. It's been 100 years since psychology started as a reputable science (somewhat) and we still don't know what part of the brain makes us talk! D'oh. Or I could be a private language tutor, speech therapist, bla bla, they can charge the yuppies quite a lot. I suppose lawyers do have it better though...
Quote by denizenz

Psycholinguists translate crazy speak into something the rest of us can understand. Politicians use them on a regular basis.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Page 1 of 3