i hear that tube amps are the best amps to go for but the thing is im sorta stupid with guitar gear and im not sure what a tube amp is, but i know that the fenderfrontman 212r is amazing and i want to buy one.

I wish to play alot of rock like guns and roses, AC/Dc, Eric clapton, The rasmus, and other bands that rock, and even some metal like System of a down.

oh ya almost forgot my gear now
Fender frontman 15 watts (sucks major ass)
ibanez Rg2EX1

Gear that i am getting
Epiphone les paul standard
(a new amplifier)
distortion pedals and effects pedals
It's just a bigger version of the frontman you have now, which you admitted sucks ass.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
i thought that the bigger version had better effects and sound -.-
i am gonna save up 300 to 400 bucks for a amp
Get a Peavey Classic 30 and a nice OD like a Maxon OD9/808 or a Bad Monkey, if you're on a budget. The OD will be used to boost the gain, which'll probably get you into SOAD gain.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
i have a frontman 25R and it sounds nice

'08 Ibanez S5470 Prestige
Gibson SG Special - discontinued teal finish
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
4x12 Mesa Oversized Slanted Cab
BOSS TU-2
iSP Decimator
Quote by EpiGuitarBoy
god those are expensive -.-
what about a slash tone could u tell me how to get that ?

You'd get that out of a Classic 30 too.

Save up for it, it's worth it in the long run.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
If u want a solid rock amp for the music u wanna play, go save up for a Marshall MG100. I've had 1 for the past 3 years and it blows the doors off of most Fender amps, not to mention that it it a solid state though, but it has a tube emulator so it still sounds pretty sweet. i think i paid bout 500 with taxes back then. so im guessing its a lil bit cheaper now depending where u go
Quote by EpiGuitarBoy
hmm what about a vox valvetronix? ill save 4 it if u really recommend it

Nah, the Vox will be alright for a bit, but it'd be better to get the Classic 30, an amp that'd last you forever, now.

If you got the Vox, you'd only end up getting another amp sooner or later. The Classic 30's great for your style of music, and you can gig with it.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by Bigfreeze
If u want a solid rock amp for the music u wanna play, go save up for a Marshall MG100. I've had 1 for the past 3 years and it blows the doors off of most Fender amps, not to mention that it it a solid state though, but it has a tube emulator so it still sounds pretty sweet. i think i paid bout 500 with taxes back then. so im guessing its a lil bit cheaper now depending where u go

youre doing it wrong
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by Bigfreeze

GTFO
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
MG is not a step up from a FM

not to mention UG in general abhores them

IMO TS is best off with a tube amp
Quote by Bigfreeze
so wuts so wrong bout that?

It's an MG and you said it was good in the same sentence. Everything is wrong.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
a Fm and MG are on the same bottom line of Fender and Marshall and they're both solid state as is
Quote by Bigfreeze
a Fm and MG are on the same bottom line of Fender and Marshall and they're both solid state as is

You obviously don't understand what solid state means.

Or bottom line.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by Bigfreeze

Which means they're crap.

I'm gunna +1 RHCP freak's suggestion.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by Bigfreeze

so why did you suggest buying one bottom line SS to replace another?
I call troll on BigFreeze. I doubt he is actually doing this as an actual suggestion.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by FLCLcowdude
I call troll on BigFreeze. I doubt he is actually doing this as an actual suggestion.

That's what I think too... But you can never be sure.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I hope he's just being a troll.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by EpiGuitarBoy
i thought that the bigger version had better effects and sound -.-
i am gonna save up 300 to 400 bucks for a amp

I got a Peavey Classic 50 2x12 used for $380.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Classic 30 + OD = Tone Heaven for you.

Unless you were to save up for more. Maybe perhaps you should check out some Traynors? If you're looking for a Slash kinda sound, look into the Traynor Blue. Does a really, really good Marshall sound.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
MG's and Fender FM's arent very good. If youre looking at solid states, look into the roland cubes and Vox Valvetronix. Or you can also try to get a tube like others have suggested.
Quote by Nemesis75
MG's and Fender FM's arent very good. If youre looking at solid states, look into the roland cubes and Vox Valvetronix. Or you can also try to get a tube like others have suggested.

Cubes and Valvetronixes wont do Clapton or AC/DC as well as an overdriven tube amp.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
why aren't the MG's or FM's any good?

They sound fine to me, though I will admit the MG's are a bit bassy, even for a marshall, and their construction and quality could be better.

But to me, the FM's sound fine and look well constructed, they aren't bad for what you're paying.

And to answer the TS, I myself am getting a new amp. I am trying to decide between the Fender FM65R, or the Crate FW65. Both are pretty good. the Crate could be built better, though.
Quote by neptune1988

They sound fine to me, though I will admit the MG's are a bit bassy, even for a marshall, and their construction and quality could be better.

But to me, the FM's sound fine and look well constructed, they aren't bad for what you're paying.

And to answer the TS, I myself am getting a new amp. I am trying to decide between the Fender FM65R, or the Crate FW65. Both are pretty good. the Crate could be built better, though.

SS tone is generally regarded as inferior to that of a valve amp, and judging by this forum, you have to hear to believe. i know i did.
Quote by neptune1988

They're both solid state amps, not to mention they're the worst amps Fender and Marshall make.

Get the Peavey Classic, TS. or the Traynor Blue, like someone mentioned.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
I use to own a fender frontman 25r. It was alright for a beginner amp but there was alot left to be desired in terms of distortion. It just doesnt sound that good as well as something like Roland cube for example.
Well if you want to save up $400, you can get a Peavey Valveking 112 for about that much, and that amp will do all of the styles you mentioned, and more. It's the best bang for your buck, and you won't need an OD pedal. I got mine for $250 used, but I doubt you'll find a deal that good, but you can definitely get one used for less than the $430 new price.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
^they're $400 on MF.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Sid McCall
Well if you want to save up $400, you can get a Peavey Valveking 112 for about that much, and that amp will do all of the styles you mentioned, and more. It's the best bang for your buck, and you won't need an OD pedal. I got mine for $250 used, but I doubt you'll find a deal that good, but you can definitely get one used for less than the $430 new price.

you would actually need an OD for it to get into metal territory. The VK doesnt have enough gain to do high gain metal.