what would be better for metal/thrash, a peavey valvekind 212 and a boss gt-10 or just a peavey 6505 combo. if i could i would save up for the stack, but it will take a very long time for me to save that much
man u can find 5150's on ebay for dirt cheep, then look into a marshall 1960 cab or a randall cab with clestions and it will be about the same price as the 6505 combo.
5150/6505 without a DOUBT.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
6505 would kick the valvekings ass. no competition
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
6505 pretty much. The VK is great for the money, but the 6505 is definately pro stuff.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
also try looking for used 5150's around you.
6505 and 5150 are the same amp, just in case you weren't aware.
you can just get 5150's cheaper.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
Get the 6505 or a used 5150.

I have a 6505 head and run it through a used Marshall 1936 cab and it sounds killer for metal.

Chris
If you already have the GT-10, then don't bother with the 5150, as most people don't like it's cleans, and you need a very transparent clean sound to work well with amp-simulations (my POD X3 Live sounds AMAZINGLY better if I run it through the front of my Marshall JVM clean/green channel first, even though I already like the X3 Live sound on its own direct into a mixer, to begin with).

But +1 to the guy who said 5150's can be found cheap - I see them show up online all the time nowadays for $500-600 US, which is really cheap for such a famed, all-tube 2x12.
Honestly if your just playing thrash i would probally pick a totally different amp. 6505's are very modern and very dark sounding. Most of your thrash bands were playing Marshall's and Mesa's not 6505's....
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Honestly if your just playing thrash i would probally pick a totally different amp. 6505's are very modern and very dark sounding. Most of your thrash bands were playing Marshall's and Mesa's not 6505's....

Whack the 6505 on the crunch channel and put the gain up and with the right EQ'ing and a little bit of boosting it can get a similar (not exact, but why have a 6505 if you don't want the 6505's tone) 80's thrash/ boosted JCM800 tone.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
i want someone to buy a gt-10 and put some pics/review up, with sound clips :p i haven't heard much about them yet...
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by Yngwi3
Whack the 6505 on the crunch channel and put the gain up and with the right EQ'ing and a little bit of boosting it can get a similar (not exact, but why have a 6505 if you don't want the 6505's tone) 80's thrash/ boosted JCM800 tone.

Exactly... Anything can get close for the most part... But if you want exact or as close as it gets get the amps they used...
Propagandhi use 6505s, their tone is great, and also quite thrashy/not death metally.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
well idk if thrash was the best word to describe it. my band plays thrash style music but with a totally different tone. what im looking for would be like dime meets ...and justice for all meets cob lol but the only reason i was looking at the gt-10 is cuz i know its easy to record with