Hi all.
I recently got a prebuilt BYOC wah, and I plugged it in to the power supply of my Boss BCP-60 board because it fit and I didn't see any mention of weird power requirements on the net. However, whenever I turn it on, no sound comes through but when I turn it off everything is normal. Is there something with the power I need to know about, or is there some sort of volume control someplace?
Thanks in advance.
sounds like a bad connection on the switch

open it up and see if anything looks dodgy
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
^The problem is since I can't see the innerds poking around by hand would probably be pointless; one of the few actual complaints I have about being blind.
It's either a dodgy switch, bad wiring or the adaptor is grossly wrong and has fried the circuit.

Judging by that it has bypass... I'd be leaning towards the latter....
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
1) nice typing for a blind guy

2) how do you read posts?

3) if it was made by BYOC its less likely to be the switching, and possibly uses a reverse polarity plug, not sure if damage will have been done. if it was made by someone else, it could possibly be a fault in the TB, or a short on the board.

have someone look at the circuit and see if anything's obviously wrong in there
^ there's computer's that read out stuff for you... just so ya know
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by UnsignedRecords
^ there's computer's that read out stuff for you... just so ya know

swish

but....mouse using and stuff?!

much kudos
yeah, it's pretty amazing. spent some time in school with an older blind guy, he was awesome at piano and stuff.

ts, try using a 9v battery. the adapter might not have the right polarity, voltage (though unlikely), or amps.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

God... I must be the biggest idiot ever. I had the cables going out->in rather than in->out; I just assumed that the power plug was on the right side, but in retrospect it makes so much more sense for it to be on the left. Now it works.
sweet
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Now on a similar note: is there a way to give it a little more range? I want a little more trebble and not so much base.
yes, the BYOC wah circuit has trimpots for gain, bass, mid and Q.
if you remove the bottom part of the enclosure, there should be four trimmers - you can turn them left / right with a little screwdriver (maybeyou'll need a little help with that..)
the one closest to the DC jack is for gain, followed by mids, bass and Q.
you can try increasing the gain (which should give you some more 'sweep'), but not too much if you don't want a big volume boost when the wah is on, and certainly not enough to cause the trannies to clip, that would be nasty.
turning up the mids can make it more vocal, that can be nice.
and then there's the Q - if you turn the Q all the way to one direction, the wah stops wah-ing.. all the way to the other direction makes it very pronounced. try making it as pronounced as possible without being too trebly / screaching.. that'll give you a nice, vocal sweep.
if you can't find a sweet-spot within those pot's range, the next phase would be switching a range-cap, but you can get a great sound out of that circuit with the 'stock' components.
have fun tweaking