So I've bought a new great acoustic guitar that I really love to play. But soon I'm attending to a musicschool here in Sweden and that means I have got to play in ensembles. The problem is... My guitar doesn't have any pickup at all, and that's why I'm thinking of buying an external magnetic pickup.

And therefore I have 2 questions:

1. Is this a good pickup http://www.thomann.de/se/fishman_neod_humbucker.htm?
And if not, what would you recommned below 100$?

2. If I'm going to buy one of these external pickups... do I attach it at the soundhole and let the cable run out of the hole too? Would it be safe to drill in the guitar without screwing with the sound it gives?

What would you suggest I do?

I hope you guys get what I'm trying to ask :P
If not.... Ask me!
Well I have a Blueridge BR-163 so it's kind of expensive (for me at least), about 800-1000$. Oh ok, so those pickups are meant to have the cable hanging out from em?

Should i have some kind of "link" between the amp and my guitar.. Like: pickup -> tuner -> amp or pickup -> EQ -> amp? :P
that's an awesome guitar.. looks good.. i suggest donn't drill on it coz it's pretty precious, the finish might be damaged..
yep, those cables were meant hang out from the pickup.. but dont worry, i think the maufacturers of the pickup considered this so they made the connections firm.. you wouldn't have to worry about having loose connections when you move much..

you can use those link if you want, an EQ would be fine so you'll know what sound you want and bring it anywhere without configuring the amp settings.. buy a chromatic tuner which can be clipped on the headstock.. it's battery operated..
I'd say thats a good choice in pickup as well. I'd go with that above the Dimarzio's or Seymour Duncans.
Ahh ty a lot guys

I really love the guitar too, that's why I don't want to drill in it :P