Hi UG,

Looking for a new tube amp, around the £300 mark maximum. I play a fender strat and gibson les paul. I play all kinds of music from led zeppelin, RHCPs to metallica, megadeth and pantera. Good cleans are a must, and it needs a good gain channel (footswitchable of course). I also have a boss me-50 which i could use to boost the gain further if needed.

So far have looked at the peavey valveking 112 and like the look of it but yet to play through it! Any other suggestions?
"Sit your ass down in that f@%$ing chair and drink your GODAMN TEA!!" - Cid, FFVII

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard (trans amber, 60s neck)
USA Fender Strat
Westfield acoustic
Washburn 12-string acoustic
Encore bass
Aria acoustic bass
Argh, well, if you don't play much of the metal/high gain stuff I'd reccomend a Laney VC and a boost pedal. I think that the VK is probably going to be your best bet although the cleans aren't all that.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
idk if they sell em in the uk, but u could look into brunetti amps... theyre pretty dam good and worth the money.... perfect for metal....
I've heard good things about the valveking. Cleans are nice and distortion is great for metal. It's also footswitchable (The vox VFS2 footswitch works with it)
I believe its only £200 though. If you're willing to save an extra 20 or so you can buy the 212 which is one more speaker than the 112. Not sure why you would need 100W all tube power though. Just buy the 112 and buy something extra (pedal, footswitch, cable)

In short, go for it!
thanks guys great help.

what about randall amps? i've heard great stuff about their gains, but that their cleans are ****. true? e.g. rg50t
"Sit your ass down in that f@%$ing chair and drink your GODAMN TEA!!" - Cid, FFVII

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard (trans amber, 60s neck)
USA Fender Strat
Westfield acoustic
Washburn 12-string acoustic
Encore bass
Aria acoustic bass
laney+tubescreamer=every sound your looking for
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial