* Can a Vox Valvetronix AD30VT with a Celestion Vintage 30 and a Tungsol 12AX7 preamp tube be used effectively over drums for band practice?

* Can said amp be used for gigging (roughly 100 people)?

* Would you rather have a Fender MIM Telecaster or a Peavey 50watt Valveking 112?

* Would a Valveking be a little overkill for a small college dorm room?

* Can the modified VOX amp be able to come close to the tonal abilities of a stock Valveking?

* What do you think of MIM Teles?

Thanks for the help guys!

Edit: Current guitar is an Epiphone Korina Explorer with a SD SH-6 Distortion in the Bridge.
Quote by deathbat831
.........oh wow.
Eddy 372, im nominating you badass of UG
Quote by disturbed_n_wv
I believe thats the best looking Explorer I've ever seen, I did think they were all ugly until i seen that one Eddy372 good choice.

Last edited by Eddy372 at May 22, 2008,
yes to everything, MIM tele in my opinion, i have one (and a joe strummer) and i love it
HiMyNameIsMatt
Quote by Eddy372
* Can a Vox Valvetronix AD30VT with a Celestion Vintage 30 and a Tungsol 12AX7 preamp tube be used effectively over drums for band practice?

* Can said amp be used for gigging (roughly 100 people)?

* Would you rather have a Fender MIM Telecaster or a Peavey 50watt Valveking 112?

* Would a Valveking be a little overkill for a small college dorm room?

* Can the modified VOX amp be able to come close to the tonal abilities of a stock Valveking?

* What do you think of MIM Teles?

Thanks for the help guys!

1. Possibly. If your drummer is quieter than mine.
2. Once again, Possibly
3. Tele. VKs suck.
4. Yes
5. Probably better. I have VKs
6. They're nice. Try a bunch out and select the one you like best.
I personally think the VK would have better tone, not because its tube, but because its not a modeler. I own the VK, it was pretty good but i didnt like the tone for metal. So unless your playin some metal VK all the way instead. Or maybe a Classic 30 if your playin classic rock. What type of music are you playin anyways?
Guitar: Ibanez Rg 2ex2/ with Dizmarzio Super Distortion
Amp: Peavey Valveking 212 (replacing soon)
Pedals: Planet Waves Tuner, Boss DS-1, Digitech DF-7, MXR-108 EQ
I've been born and raised on thrash metal (Metallica, Megadeth), but I've taking a liking to more classic/hard/modern rock, indie, alternative, and such. With that being said, I'd like an amp with some versatility, and the Vox handles that pretty well at the moment. I just wonder if the VK can do it better.
Quote by deathbat831
.........oh wow.
Quote by disturbed_n_wv
I believe thats the best looking Explorer I've ever seen, I did think they were all ugly until i seen that one Eddy372 good choice.

my stock ad30vt's pretty decent, never gigged though
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
VK112 is not overkill in a dorm room, but don't expect to be cranking it. Ever. I kept mine in my dorm room for a few months, and it's no big deal.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Also, does Micing up and amp have detrimental effects to tone?
Quote by deathbat831
.........oh wow.
Quote by disturbed_n_wv

Quote by Eddy372
Also, does Micing up and amp have detrimental effects to tone?

Depends on the mic and/or the skill of the board op/engineer.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
I do believe the Vox has the VK beat on versitality, but on tone? No way. The VK is a very versitale amp in its own right i believe the VK would be better for you 100%.
Guitar: Ibanez Rg 2ex2/ with Dizmarzio Super Distortion
Amp: Peavey Valveking 212 (replacing soon)
Pedals: Planet Waves Tuner, Boss DS-1, Digitech DF-7, MXR-108 EQ