theyve been on the up since the 50s mate
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Cause they weren't already out of the average person's price range...
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Yeah, the 61 SG RI is $2089 now instead of $1899.

Makes me glad I got mine for $1600 :P
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
just like gas!!
-BiOhAZarD722-
Originally Posted by Gizzard101
I personally prefer Dr.Dre but Lil Jon is gangsta home boy fresh aswell.
...lol wtf?
Quote by lzrdsixsix6
sounds like you have a severe case of the dumbass.....it's quite common in the pit really just sleep it off
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
theyve been on the up since the 50s mate

have they seen this much of an increase in such a short time?
this is rediculous

I blame Bush
It's total bull****. Now just because gas is going up that gives everybody an excuse to increase their prices on everything else(food, houses, etc) and cut jobs. I really am getting sick of this bull**** economy
We should just stop using cars and go back to using horses and bicycles.

-no negative impact on the environment
-better health and less obesity
-absolutely free (bikes that is)
Its not just the gas, its that our economy isnt as good. The dollar is not worth what it used to.
Quote by Chaosinborn
Its not just the gas, its that our economy isnt as good. The dollar is not worth what it used to.

lol dollars arent worth **** anymore, 2-1 $-£, importing guitars has never been so good
even the euro is stronger and the canadian dollar is either just less or just over
They went up around February. Not a shock as ALL are lawmakers (not just Bush for those that don't get out enough) have let Gas get this high and kill our dollar.
I love how Americans think that gas going up 4 cents a gallon overnight qualifies as skyrocketing gas prices. There are 3.8 litres per gallon and we see prices go up 4 cents overnight per litre, which equates to 15 cents a gallon. Were presently paying 1.29 per litre which equals $4.90 a gallon. Stop your damn whining. Its way worse in a lot of other places.

Its not gas thats killed your dollar (which it hasn't), its your war debt (partly), and other world factors, such as the rising economies and use of resources in China and India. Things like this fluctuate, and right now from the perspective that you've been used to it looks bad, but its not, really. For instance, I'm sure your exporters are doing better than ever right now.
Sorry, I'm not trying to start a fight. Some comments just make me shake my head. Prices increase because transportation costs go up-its really a very simple concept. And even the good ol' US of A is susceptable to world markets, you no longer operate on pre-WWII isolationinsts ideals. Your governemt has very little to do with the price of gas. Its a world commodity. But anyways I think the Gibsons are overpriced to begin with so its not easy to take seeing them go higher.
i imagine the reason gibson are putting their prices up among things is that people it, and you cant blame a company to want to make money
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
Eh it's not the dollar, it's not the gas... it's everything to do with real mahogany wood has been raped and depleted so much its' now uber expensive. Thank the 3rd world countries for raping their forests to supply America/Europe/Japan for wood for guitars. They have no reclaiming projects, no reforestation, so eventually it will be no more mahogany. So in some yrs time you'll pay just as much for your Gibson as you do now except it'll use the same wood as Epiphone/Agile/etc.
Because people keep buying them. There will come a day when gibson will squeeze to hard and sales will drop a bunch. And give mr bush a break he has about 8 months to make things far worse then we can look back at these as the good old days.
It's not just the dollar. Here in the UK, prices have gone up too on guitars. You used to be able to buy Gibson Les Paul Classic Antiques for around £1000, now they're about £1600.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by DeanESPJackson
I love how Americans think that gas going up 4 cents a gallon overnight qualifies as skyrocketing gas prices. There are 3.8 litres per gallon and we see prices go up 4 cents overnight per litre, which equates to 15 cents a gallon. Were presently paying 1.29 per litre which equals $4.90 a gallon. Stop your damn whining. Its way worse in a lot of other places.

Its not gas thats killed your dollar (which it hasn't), its your war debt (partly), and other world factors, such as the rising economies and use of resources in China and India. Things like this fluctuate, and right now from the perspective that you've been used to it looks bad, but its not, really. For instance, I'm sure your exporters are doing better than ever right now.

it's not abnormal for someone to have to drive 50 mi roundtrip to work in one day whereas it's different there. not to mention our cars suck
the rumour in the UK was prices would be going up as gibson were going to manage it themselves instead of using rosetti, dunno how true it is tho, maybe somebody knows concrete info about it
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
Good point on the resources comment, but that would affect (eventually) all users of that resource (all guitar builders).

Gibson, due to the lower dollar, are exporting like crazy now and are cashing in on it. It also serves as a well understood economic function to the company. A raise in prices will lower the demand, putting less strain on what had become increased (out of control?)production volume and overhead costs(resources/employess) to meet demand, while increasing profits.